Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure MF Meteorb

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by CronicTKY, Mar 14, 2004.

1. CronicTKY

CronicTKY IncGamers Member

Pure MF Meteorb

Hello all. I just recently made a USEast Meteorb sorc. I also just recently lost my account from stupidity, but my friend was nice enough to let me borrow some beasty MF gear. Ok, down to business:

Here's the equipment:

Helm: PTopaz Stealskull
    Armor: PTopaz Skullders
    Gloves: Chancies
    Boots: 42% Travs
    Rings: 22%/19% Nags (or 22% Nag/SoJ setup; which is better?)
    Ammy: 42% MF magic
    Wep: Non-Socket Occy
    Shield: "Rhyme" Heater
    Belt: Goldwrap
    Charms: 1x 5% MFSC, that all. (Planning on getting life and MF SCs.)

That's the equipment. Skills are going to all be based on the Meteorb build.
    For stats:
    Strength-97
    Dexterity-Is and will remain base.
    Vitality-Just started pumping.
    Energy-Base.

Ok, the equipment listed is the only equipment I have, and that's what I'll be using 24/7. So, if I was to go the SoJ/Nag route, should I put any points into energy so I can have little to no mana problems? -or- Should I just totally ignore Energy and go for Vitality? Remember; this is a PvM MF build, not PvP. Please help. Thanks ALOT.

2. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

Personally I would invest points for blocking rather than vit. The sorc gets such a bad deal on vitality that it's almost not worth it to put points in it. A 20 life small charm is as good as 2 full levels worth of pumping life. As for energy...if you have 400 mana you're going to be guzzling mana pots pretty often but you'll be ok. Any lower than that and it might get unreasonable.

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I find more than 40pts to energy are unecessary. Why? Because both meteor and frozen orb are timered spells, and have relatively low mana dependance.

If you are going to be using this sorc for meph runs, and only meph runs, don't both with pumping dex to 75CTB, as you can use the moat trick. If you want to run the high-level areas, I'd suggest dex over vitality, especially if this is SC.

For rings, i wouldn't use any sojs, and only nagels if I had no higher magic/rare MF rings. My only suggestion for equipment is to upgrade that goldwrap, if you haven't already.

4. KTang

KTang <font color="#93ad4f">Official Diablo 3 Item Value

By the looks of it, you have a good enough MF for you to use a SoJ rather then a 19% nagel. You could do with the mana boost and skill, personally base energy rules, and I've found that using block on a sorc hasn't been very successful. I've used generally the same stat setup except for my blizzard sorc, I have 85 base strength and well into 350 vit, 1100-1300 life with all my gear and charms and I hardly die, although those darn kamikaze midgets beat the hell out of me. You won't need any more energy then base for meteor, you won't need any dex, just ignore energy - all the time :) I really would suggest frostburns or something though if you don't go the soj way.

5. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Ignore Energy TOTALLY. Even without a SOJ you wont need any points there with the Meteorb build!!

Whats your Faster Cast btw.?! Any items supporting that. Without FCR you will have some serious problems teleporting out of mobs or the like :/

Concerning VIT or Block. Really this is all a matter of playstyle. Choose either of those and STICK to it. Either try to reach max-block 75% with Whistans, Mosers, Visceratuant or Stormshield OR put everything into VIT. That simple.
    :teeth: :cheesy:

6. CronicTKY

CronicTKY IncGamers Member

Thanks alot all. This has really helped out. Melianor, the equipment I'm using is all I have, and will be using. Yes, Shadow_247, I will be upgrading Goldwrap. Thanks again all.

7. Ducky

Ducky IncGamers Member

Might as well put my input.
    I get off with my pure meteor sorc (Meph runs only)(30k dmg)
    With base energy, any more is a total waste. After gear, I use 2 pots after I reach durance 3 (Depending on how long it takes me)
    Which suits me fine. I might pot once during meph, only because I spam Fire ball which burns mana fast.
    Don't even cast static when I think about it...
    Pumped dex, 2xx right about now at lvl **.. Nuff for max block.
    Is much fun :D I moat when I don't feel like using 2 hands to play ;)