Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure martial artist - the assassin that takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by neumein, Aug 29, 2006.

1. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Pure martial artist - the assassin that takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

I had a headache with pictures this morning (that means an idea) and need some advice. I was looking to create a pure martial artist assassin who will primarily use Dragon claw (nice damage boost and looks and sounds vicious), and dragon talon (style, knockback, gets nice damage and *massive* attack rating bonus at higher levels. A friend of mine has done something similar to great effect, which has led me to wonder if I could do the same....

I was thinking as follows:

max dragon claw, dragon talon, claw mastery
    All the usual one point wonders, Mind blast etcetera

This leaves me with a couple questions;

1. How effective will tiger strike be with dragon claw. (I have learned the hard way that tiger strike only releases on one of dragon talon's kicks)
    2. Is Venom an effective skill with this setup?

I play single player and LAN
    I generally play on /players 8 mode
    I prefer burst of speed over fade (usually)

2. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

1) Not very effective... the only other MA skill it works well with is Dragon Tail.

2) If you don't have anything else to spend points on, more damage is never a bad thing.

Would you consider a single point in Death Sentry to overstep your "pure" MA concept?

3. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Alright, ditching the charge up skills altogether, *shock*, My buddy who made a pure dragon claw assassin got something like 1.7k to 3.3k damage per claw, and with some crushing blow... he did quite well in hell PvM, /players 5.

Obviously, life is going to be a problem, so the standard minimum into dex and strength, and rest into vitality

Hitting things isn't a problem either, with my buddy's assassin having just under 10K attack rating per claw

Death sentry does have it's uses for sure, but the idea behind this assassin is like a standard barbarian, namely charge in and hit things.

Ilkori, you've commented on a number of my posts now, are you stalking me, or am I just an idiot when it comes to making assassins.

4. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

It's the avatar... a sexy IK barb stretching just does something for me... (Ok, I'm kidding about the last part. Your avatar is cool, though.)

You happen to be one of the few people posting on PvM stuff, and it's all I do here. I think this is the forum where I have the highest post count, and nearly all of those posts are in the 'sin room.

5. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Well, thank you for your advice, it is genuinely appreciated.

*kisses ilkori's feet*

Enough of my fanatical devotion though...
    I think the avatar is cool too, I was using an IK barbarian, and had just belted the snot out of a fallen, with the IK maul. For some reason, in my inventory screen the IK maul was normal, but in-game it sometimes appeared ethereal, which was cool when it did. So I took a screenshot.