Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure lit sorc, -lit res% and immunes

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by garilario, Feb 29, 2004.

1. garilario

garilario IncGamers Member

Pure lit sorc, -lit res% and immunes

I'm making a pure lighting sorc. She's now 72 and with maxed CL, LM. 1 in Warmth, E.Shield and each prereq. Everything else in CB and Lightning.(Both not maxed yet)

I want to know if the -lit res from Griffon's Eye and Rainbow jewels work on lit immunes?

If yes, I'll go ahead and Max CB and Nova.
    If no, is there enough time for me to get 20 FO + some CM?(There are 6 skill points can be obtained from quest.) Or it's too late and I'd better go pure lit and ignore those immune guys?

2. nonohe

nonohe Banned

lower resist can never take away imunties not even cold mastery

3. garilario

garilario IncGamers Member

I saw posts said lower resist spell and conviction aura can remove immune. So I thought that it's possible....
    Anyway, what should I do now? Ignore the immune and let my merc handle it or go with FO?

4. Drazeel

Drazeel IncGamers Member

Nope. Item and Mastery -resist does not break immunities. However, Lower Resist and Conviction do.

So, I see it as you have two choices: Pack a LR wand (these get expensive to repair, be warned) and fire it off at a nasty LI pack that your merc can't handle, or bite the bullet and start pumping Orb/CM. Since you have zero points banked and only 19 more points before 85, the last option doesn't seem that feasible to me. Prereqs for orb will kill you.

If I had to advise you I'd say stick with pure Light, can do Meph and Pits fine and there's always grouping. Get a good merc; I've heard nice things about a Might merc for single tree sorcs, though I've never used one, as all my sorcs are dual tree.

Actually best option is to make friends with an avenger pally or poison necro, then clean house :)

5. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

It's such a shame though if you get orb. You'll miss out on so much damage...... personally i use telekinesis + might merc and let him handle the immunes.