Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure Light Sorc to Start... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ScooterMcGee, Jun 17, 2008.

1. ScooterMcGee

ScooterMcGee IncGamers Member

Pure Light Sorc to Start... Thoughts?

I've had a pure light sorc before and I loved him... But I did use infinity actually on him with a switch for skill/fcr. He was great.

Now I want to make another sorc to start of the ladder and i think maybe my OCD won't let me spec in 2 trees. So a Meteorb/Blizzball/etc whatever makes me have to spec in fire/cold kinda makes me cringe.

It's been awhile since I played that light sorc but I think I remember it not being that bad even when I wasn't wielding the infinity on me or my merc.

I want to MF and finish the game with him but I can't remember what "main" type mobs are Light immune, and I'm not expecting to have infinity for quite awhile, hopefully I don't see one for a long time, meaning they did some patching.

I got my same build from last time just can't remember what's gonna pose the biggest problem for me. I probably won't be playing many group games at least if I don't have to for a while.
    Off top of my head I can only think of gloams in WSK, the lightning thingys in CS, and then I draw a blank.

Any help on this? I really don't want to bi-spec. Therefore a pure cold or fire... I know I'll have some ****blocks that are basically find a party. I just can't remember if I finished the game with my pure light before havin' infinity, I think I did though.

2. Coldsmoke

Coldsmoke IncGamers Member

Re: Pure Light Sorc to Start... Thoughts?

I began this ladder with a pure light sorc, and it worked out great.
    As long as you have a semi-strong merc, lightimmunes won't be that much of a problem.

Archers in hell are lightimmune, as well as some skellys in act 2 I think.
    Vipers in Nithalaks temple.
    Some superuniques can spawn light immune too.

3. scottymill

scottymill IncGamers Member

I hope your right coldsmoke because i decided to also make a pure light sorc for the ladder reset. It should b ok tho. I do have a question about key running wit her. you said the snakes in nihthaltik were light immune but what about the first two keys? will i b able to run them without infinity?

4. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

You can run both tower and arcane around lvl60 with lightning sorc, some nasty archers in tower, so good fcr needed. Arcane is easier. But try to get first 105fcr after that those both goes smoothly.

Starting with lightsorc (not pure) here too, aiming for hell until I go to sleep, so its long night ahead.

5. IceDevil9

IceDevil9 IncGamers Member

My Pure light sorc works for mf like a charm.

On countess runs the archers are light immune, pindle can be sometimes, I don't do nihl so i dont know there, but councils in durance are, shenk and eld can be l immune sometimes, and those Tainteds in Cata are.

-Frank