pure lfzon build what do u think

zallus

Diabloii.Net Member
pure lfzon build what do u think

I am building a pure lf zon and realized that i will have alot of leftover skill points. O this char is only going to be used to cow plow and wonder how it will go.

So far i am a level 62 in nm baaling of course and am about to go to hell.

My equip that i plan on wearing:
topaz'd shako
topaz'd skullders
titans(188/9) atm looking for better
pheonix monarch
40 chancies
42 eth travs
tgods
soj
other ring?
ammy?

skills i have used:
20lf
and no other ones could use some suggestions on this and what ring and ammy to wear.

My merc will be act2 defiance
eth cv infinity
levi
???on helm could use help on this one to

Thanks for the imput and suggestions off the start

Vlance

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure what you mean when you say you will have leftover points with a pure lightning build. My zon is currently level 89 and I'm still pumping synergies. Basically you want one point in all passive/magic skills, max Charged Strike, Lightning Fury, then the Chain Lightning one (can't remember the name). After that you can throw your remaining points into either valkyrie (level 17 with skills is what you're shooting for) or lightning synergies that you won't use but will slightly improve damage. I went with the latter with my merc using infinity and don't regret it at all.

As for the merc's helm, I find tal's mask to be quite good. It's cheap and it has great leech, a must if you want him to survive any length at all.

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure what you mean when you say you will have leftover points with a pure lightning build. My zon is currently level 89 and I'm still pumping synergies. Basically you want one point in all passive/magic skills, max Charged Strike, Lightning Fury, then the Chain Lightning one (can't remember the name). After that you can throw your remaining points into either valkyrie (level 17 with skills is what you're shooting for) or lightning synergies that you won't use but will slightly improve damage. I went with the latter with my merc using infinity and don't regret it at all.

As for the merc's helm, I find tal's mask to be quite good. It's cheap and it has great leech, a must if you want him to survive any length at all.
I pretty much agree with all points, but wanted to add that a single point in strafe can help immensely should you want to do runs other places than the moo-moo farm.

But for pure cow slaughtering, a level 1 Valkyrie should be more than enough. Damage is king here. :)
PS: For the love of God, get pierce and a Razortail belt.

zallus

Diabloii.Net Member
So i should go with a razortail over tgods and i really need suggestions on an ammy and another ring. Also will pheonix do the trick when it comes to mana. any ideas what the requirements are if u up a skullders and titans. Seeing as how i need 156 str to wear the pheonix monarch i would have no problem getting a few str charms if the skulders str doesnt go up to hi

Vlance

Diabloii.Net Member
So i should go with a razortail over tgods and i really need suggestions on an ammy and another ring. Also will pheonix do the trick when it comes to mana. any ideas what the requirements are if u up a skullders and titans. Seeing as how i need 156 str to wear the pheonix monarch i would have no problem getting a few str charms if the skulders str doesnt go up to hi
Belt: I use tgods personally, but as many guides point out, if you're more of the lightning fury slinging zon you probably would be better off with a razortail, especially for cows. I find myself using Charged Strike more often than Lightning Fury when it comes down to it though.

Amulet: I use Cat's Eye because I'm a r/w whore. However, your build sounds more like an mf'er, so I'd go with either a plain old magical +mf ammy or if you're lucky you can get your hands on one with mf and +skills (I found one the other month that's 33 mf and +2 druid skills).

Phoenix: 14% mana leech and you should be golden so long as you have enough attack rating to actually hit things. The occasional mana potion might be necessary though.

Upped titans/skullder's: Require 151 dex, I believe. The skullder's I'm not sure about though. Try and find some hell level russet armor next time you're in a game and there you have it.

zallus

Diabloii.Net Member
I found a magic ammy recently i was thinking about just using it

33%mf
118mana

at least i could use it for a while till i find a replacement

tinncann25

Diabloii.Net Member
STOP, do not max your synegies if you plan on doing only pvm

max
charged strike
lightning fury

other skills
valk (17 is enough, 20 is great)
pierce (a final level of 10 is good enough)

after those skills, you may want to consider synegies or go with a hybrid build.

duel leech ring, and a resis/mf ammy is good enough

also use tals helm/gaze for helm.

zallus

Diabloii.Net Member
I am only doing cows this is going to be used for nothing but cows i just need to know if i need a valk at all and what to do with all my skill points