Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure Item Finder barb.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by MercenaryKnight, Apr 23, 2005.

1. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

Pure Item Finder barb.

I was trying to figure out what skills besides find item to use I was thinking maybe max increase speed, battle orders, shout, find item. Is find potion worth it maybe I should just go supporter max find potion, find item, bo, shout? This is mainly just for fun I am trying to put together like all ethreal items. Dual ethreal gull daggers, working on ethreal perf upped skullders, ethr chancies, ethr wartravs, ethr goldwrap.

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Find Potion is really not worth more than the initial point. Even with a single point you'll wading knee deep in Full Rejuvenation Potions.

If you really want to spend your points on something you could make a support singer to keep yourself alive or perhaps a half-arsed Frenzier or Concentrate barb with all the leftover points.

3. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

I was thinking about that but I think I am mainly just going to let my merc kill or follow my friends mfer hammerdin into games and just find item all the bodies in pits and stuff. I guess I could go max bo,shout, find item. Should I max out increased speed to be able to run around faster or im kind of stumped as to what to do with the rest of the points. I want to try and reach the highest level I can hoping to get best drops or anything decent heh.

4. ebyworx

ebyworx IncGamers Member

just go with the crazy mf gear: 2x dual ist alis, +3 singer skills/mf ammy, p top skullders, p top shako, goldwrap, perf war travs, 2x perf nagels, perf chancies, a gheeds, and an inv of 7%mfsc's. you will find a LOT of stuff just hoarking

5. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

Dont got that godly of gear but that is my main idea of just running around with a friend like doing baals pit runs just looking for any maybe ethreal elite items. I just have no idea what to do with the left over skills. I figure max bo, shout for parties and for my merc. But I still have quite a few left over I was thinking maybe maxing increased speed just for the fun of it. I am not sure though.

6. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

If you just follow around and leech off your Hammerdin friend(s) you can at least help out with a big (level 15) Warcry. Everyone loves when you stun big packs of monsters for them. Helps your merc stay alive as well.

7. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

A merc in uber items can't compare in killing speed with the barb himself, even with half-skills used. It's just not worth that in terms of spent time. And by the way, making a FI barb is not that expensive in terms of skills - the maximum skillpoints you will need to spend is just 21 - 1 for FP, 20 FI. Which leaves you a ton of SP's to use for killing power. Also, with only 1% per 2 SP's over level 16 you will not probably want to spend even 21 points there.
    Making a support cry-barb is really a good idea in this case. As you've said, max BO, Shout, 1 BC. Rest in Warcry, probably, though it's not that useful for hammerdin.

8. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

what would be best 2 of those +4 find items daggers or 2 gull daggers?

9. -Tempus-

-Tempus- IncGamers Member

use the heartcarvers when you need to find pots, use the gulls the rest of the time if you have max FI skill.

you could make this char a few different ways
    max mastery
    max bo
    max ww
    max FI
    1 point in a few other skills
    rest can go into shout or zerk
    + use a might merc
    that will give you a barb that can kill and FI with his weapon switch.

max FI
    max BO
    max Shout
    max warcry (only used to hold monsters)
    +might merc
    this will let you go with very low str/dex with a mass life build
    the rest of the points could go in a few different places
    1 point mastery, bash, stun, conc, zerk. with a good weapon on switch you can leech life/mana back when needed or kill phy imms since bo/shout add dmg to conc/zerk.
    or
    howl: if you want more zerk/warcry dmg
    taunt: works to pull monsters into range of your warcry, also adds to warcry dmg and the -dmg is great to have

max bo
    max shout
    max command
    max warcry
    max FI
    this is used most of the time if you have a 2nd pc to give your other chars warcries. since you have bo/shout/command all max and have +skill items you dont need to go back and get bo that often.

-Tempus-

10. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

Would this build work well?

Max Frenzy
    Max Throwing mas
    50% chance on the FI
    Max Leap
    Max Bo
    6 Shout
    1 Inc. speed
    1. Nat. res
    1. Iron skin
    About 5+ skills

With this setup:
    Using 2x Warsrhike with 2 guls on switch = 0-200% mf
    PTopazed Skullders = ~100% mf
    Almost perf IK Helm with 2 Ptopazes = 87% mf
    +3 masteries amulet = +3 mast skills
    Raven frost = CBF + ar + damage(Dex)
    Bul kathos = Leech + 1+ skills + life
    Perf Chance guards = 40% mf
    Goldwrap = 30% mf
    Gore rider = 10% OW
    P Gheeds = 40% mf
    1 sc with 3% mf
    All together this build would have 300% mf doing bosses and 500% mf doing corpses as with pindeskin and such.

The leap will be there to keep monsters that won't provide any goods / to hard to kill away.
    You should shoot about 7 shots pr. second and you should run with something like 200% skill f r / w.
    It should be able to obtain maximum resist on hell with charms and life and defence should also be pretty high.

Now what do you guys think? :)

11. DeThBloW

DeThBloW IncGamers Member

well, at least attempt to get an attack to defend yourself if your merc dies... try to obtain concentrate or something like that so if your merc dies, you can defend yourself.. dont always rely on the merc ;)