Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure hammerdin clvl+90, what else now?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by -Ferro-, Feb 10, 2004.

1. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Pure hammerdin clvl+90, what else now?

Hi there,

I got my hammerdin over 90 so, hammers conc and all synergies maxed, lvl 10-12 HS, one in salvation. My question is, whats the best skill to place the few skills points I have/will have left? I play PvM, but i also go to duel rooms to mess aroun from time to time :innocent: (dont care about wining, tho)

HS is nice since i get more def and i can smite harder too, cant think in anything better :scratch: .

Any suggestion?

Have fun

Ferro

2. illa

illa IncGamers Member

You got redemption?

Otherwise perhaps meditation or salvation (helpful if there are multiple hammerdins in a game?)

3. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Ya, forgot to mention these , i got both redemtion and meditation one point each one.

4. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

At this point, then I would plan on dumping the rest in to Holy shield just for the extra defense.

5. SkyFighter

SkyFighter IncGamers Member

Was wondering myself too, would it make sense to put points ini charge to have an attack for those magic immunes?

6. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

Only the Wailing beast in act 3 is immune to it (inside the temples in act 3..the yeti-type beast)..and not worth it..nothing else is immune to hammers.

7. nSin

nSin IncGamers Member

I took holy shield - there's only one magic immune in the whole game that can resist your hammers, and thats a beast found in the ruined temple - or something alike.

Holy shield is lvl 22 now and I'm 90 too, and put all my spare point in holy shield, I can win most of the melee duels now with smiting (against ~80's). So I'd definatly go with holy shield for the defense boost and dmg boost

8. SkyFighter

SkyFighter IncGamers Member

Well, I think I see those magic immunes from act 2 (or whereever) kinda frequently in the worldkeep too while doing baal runs, thats why I was considering a 2nd attack. But maybe I am wrong since the aren't very yeti like =). I was thinking about those magic immune casters from act 2 (they used to have a couple of skellies around them).

9. Any1

Any1 Banned

I just keep pumping my Holy Shield on my Hammerdin (clvl 90).

There is, what I believe to be, a huge bug in the fact that BH hurts magic-immune monsters that either belong to the undead or demon classes. There is only one magic-immune mosnter that doesn't belong to the undead/demon categories, that's the Wailing Beast in ACT-3 (animal class). I like to believe that at some point Blizzard will correct this obvious oversight. It'll definitely make the Hammerdin a little more challenging to plan and play. However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the fix. :rant:

10. shoottheheady

shoottheheady IncGamers Member

i never thought it was a bug, holy skills usually do extra dmg to undead and demons, and since it is blessed hammer, seems suited to damage them.

11. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

even though they say immune to magic..they arent immune to hammers

12. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

Thats because if you look at blunt type weapons, they add 50% more damage to undead and so, and bh addes 150% and since those undead magic immunes are in fact immune because of XXX% resistance ( which is less than 150% btw ) you can hammer em to death rather efficiently.

13. Any1

Any1 Banned

Based on that logic, cold damage from Holy Freeze should hurt Cold Immunes. Just because it has the word "Holy" in the skill name doesn't mean you have carte blanche on very monster in the game.

theBlackKnight,

How do you explain the damage to demons then?

If a monster is PI and undead the 50% more damage to undead from a mace class weapon does not help at all. Once a monster is immune to a certain damage type it's supposed to be completely safe unless the immunity is pierced by another skill (i.e. Conviction, Lower Resists, Amp Damage, Decripfy). BTW, none of those can increase magical damage, so they shouldn't be able to pierce magical-immunity.

It's clearly a bug. The sooner they fix it the sooner we'll have an end to the slack-jawed, unskilled, knuckle-dragger who are increasing the ranks of the Paladin.