Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure Game - 2*1*04

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by WingBlade, Feb 1, 2004.

1. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Pure Game - 2*1*04

Well it's another Sunday and you all know what that means.... time for PURE GAME :)

Well we actually got a few more pulses to join our little troop.

PURE GAME ROLL CALL

Skunkbellina - Sorcy
    Vanquishism - Pally
    BlackHeart_WinD - Wind Druid

and two new members

Mount-Olympus - Fire Druid
    Ol_ironsides - Barb

Even though we were missing our Necro - wraith_minion things went quite well. Josher prob got caught up w/ this superbowl hoopla :howdy:

Act IV

Since defeating Izual last week, our next hurdle was finding Hephasto and smashing Mephisto's Soulstone. This was completed w/o any hesitation and we were awarded with several gems and a crappy rune. (what do u expect).

From the hellforge we continued our journey and came upon the waypoint for the River of Flame.

We spoke w/ Hadriel who guarded the pathway into the Chaos Sanctuary. As our Bellina cast her CB's, Vanq letting the hammers fly, Ironside slamming ne thing that got in his way, Olympus casting Volcano and Fissure to cook some undesirables and BlacKHearT sending tornados we conquered the infestation which held a foothold of the Chaos Sanctuary.

Diablo finally revealed himself to us, but was beaten to a crumpled self as his cry of anguish brought smiles to our adventurers.

Act V

Tyrael gave us the portal to enter the last bastion that held against Baal's Minions, Harrogath.

Once examining our equipment, repairing armor and refilling w/ life and mana potions. We proceeded into the Bloody Foothills, we took the various pathways and cleared the area until we reached the peak of the foothills which was the temporary staging area for Shenk and his goons.

At this point we headed into the Frigid Highlands, where we came upon another waypoint marker. A group on Enslaved, whom were led by Eldritch the Rectifier, oh ya we rectified him alright. We journey deeped into the highlands and came upon a group of POW barbarians. Before the last barb went into the portal that took him home, he stated that there were more barbarians being held against their will. We promised to free the rest of his brethren before we left the area. We found the other barbs and freed them as we promised and they were grateful at their release.

Once the last group of barbs were set free, they told us to see their Master, Qual-Kehk. After returning to town for more repairs and visiting the local apothecary. We visited Qual-Kehk and he awarded us all a set of runes, which he told us; if combined properly will grant the user a magical shield which provided resistance to the elements, which would come in handy.

We returned to the Frigid Highlands and continued into the Arreat Plateau. Once finding another waypoint our party decided it was time to set up camp and get some deserved sleep.

2. WingBlade

Cyril we do have at least 2 more spots open.

Just to let u know we play on EAST HCL.... Our chars are now in Act 5 - Norm. We just request that you have all previous quests completed. Your char that you choose to play be untwinked. We meet on Sundays @ chan OP GAT-EAST, and we play from 1 - 3ish.... variable.

Since we wanted a variety of chars in our group. May I suggest either making either a zon or sin. The build is up to you. Our chars are currenly clvl 27 - 30.... Phil was the 1st to reach 30. I'm a few exp shy of 30 myself.

Just in case your not familiar w/ GAT - on east that's a chan of various co-op players, and you need to register to enter the chan. There are rules you need to follow when your in the channel and are involved in any GAT games. To register plz visit www.bnet-gat.com

3. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

I have a level 31 Trapsin, im not sure if she did izzy or anya but otherwise shes right up there with you guys....i lag randomly and badly because of trojans and viruses so i might not be TOO much help but i can still play pretty well.

4. Cyril_32001

Cyril_32001 IncGamers Member

im a lvl 27ish trap sin, but i did twinkle her a bit so i guess i'll go for makin a MA sin if thats alright with you guys. as of now im in the process of registering for GAT. my account is Cyril32002
    *edit didn't remember my own account name :( lol

5. WingBlade

Cyril, if u wanna use your trapsin fine w/ me - I just have to ask u to remove w/e gear u placed on her that she didn't find playing in game... so no xfer or ne thing of the sort.

Break, chk your char, repost what your situation is.

U can either PM me or skunkbelly....

6. DepthsOfHell

DepthsOfHell IncGamers Member

Hey it's mount-olympus. Game was fun today, I found some decent items. Chance guards, which no one else needed and bone flesh plate mail. It was nice to play with a great group of people and level up together. I registered at bnet-gat just waiting for E-mail. Cya guys sunday.

7. Kev_Dawg5150

Kev_Dawg5150 IncGamers Member

Sorry I missed the game, AGAIN. >< By this point, I might as well solo the whole game (which should be, by all means, impossible with a smiter).

So... Have I lost my spot, yet, or should I haul-*** and try to catch up with you guys? Right now, I've only gotten as far as the City of the Damned wp at lvl 26. :(

8. WingBlade

Kev, you still have a spot... I'll try to catch u online and see what we can do.

9. DepthsOfHell

DepthsOfHell IncGamers Member

I am about 2 level behind, I am up to par with their location, I could help you in act 4.

*hakimal when you see me on

10. Mafia-CUD

Mafia-CUD IncGamers Member

It was great playing w/ u guys today, look forward to doing the same next week. If anyone needs help catching up or wahtever u can PM me as well. Im on most weeknights after 7:30 EST.

11. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Yesterday was great... nice to have some new faces, and even a melee character or two! Cya all next time.

--P

12. Mafia-CUD

Sorry i couldnt stay for the last half hour. My gf cooked some fried rice.... and it's only once in a BLUE MOON that she cooks anything so.... :D

13. Cyril_32001

i would have loved to use my trap sin, but it seems i've run into a bit of bad luck with lag the last few days, and shes now resting in her grave. The MA build didn't work out as i expected she as is now also R.I.P i think i'll go back to a class i know better for Pure Game. So WingBlade i think i'll got with your suggestion of ama, range = goodness lol.

Looks like i got some work to do gettin my char, (which i am just about to start) up to your lvl but i got till sunday so it shouldn't be to hard, if the lag fairy decides to be nice to me.
    See ya all Sunday:D

14. skunkbelly

Alas! Well, good luck with your zon. Better to lose the assy in the mid-20s than in the mid-80s ;) If you need a hand catching up, msg me at *skunkbelly.

15. WingBlade

Mafia, u didn't miss much, we just grabbed the WP @ Arreat Platuea and then we called it a day.

And u better have shown appreciation for your gf's cooking :thumbsup:

16. Cyril_32001

Question

K if someone decides to drop like a unique in game and you pick it up, would you be able to use it on your Pure game character or not?

~Cyril

17. skunkbelly

If you're playing in a game to catch up with us, and an item drops legitimately, and you pick it up, then it's fair game.

I suppose we ought to go over the basic rules of the pure game again, just in case... I know one of the new folks had some confusion on Sunday. so here goes:

1. No twinking

2. No muling (see 1 above)

3. We complete all game areas once and only once -- no "runs" allowed.

4. The only time your character should be played outside of the Sunday afternoon sessions is if you miss a week, and you need to catch up.

Cya then!

18. Mafia-CUD

Yes WingBlade... i made sure my gf was WELL appreciated.

IS she paying you something btw???

19. Cyril_32001

Sorry guys but im not sure if i am going to be able to make it on sunday, as i am going to have to attend a funeral. And even if i were going to get back on time i don't think i would have the energy to play.
    I'm terribly sorry about this, feel free to replace me

~Cyril

20. Kev_Dawg5150

Kev_Dawg5150 IncGamers Member

Sorry 'bout your loss, Cyril.

Anywho, for tomorrow's game, I found some neat items. Lemme know if any of you want/need them. I need to know because my inventory and stash are getting pretty cramed by this point. o.o. I'm not certain what the exact numbers are, but here's what they're like:

Deadly Circlet of Fortune
    ~27% ED
    ~17% MF

Circlet of sorcery
    ~13 Energy

Rare Sorc Wand
    (can't remember all the mods, but it has:)
    +20% FCR
    ~25% Lightning resist

Rare Assassin Cap
    (I know we don't have an assassin, yet, but this thing has +1 Shadow Disciplines, lvl 15 req)

StormGuild Large shield
    (I'm pretty sure you could look this up, +chance to block and some LR)