Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure Fire Sorc (NO METEOR!!!)

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by HeX-CuRsE, Jan 29, 2004.

1. HeX-CuRsE

HeX-CuRsE IncGamers Member

Pure Fire Sorc (NO METEOR!!!)

Fire sorcs are great.....BUT ENOUGH WITH METEOR....is a 1.10 firewall sorc good enough to MF with and be considered pvm...and you know what a fun skill looks like? inferno......13%dmg from warmth plus fire mastery....looks fun if someone can fill me in on that but can a maxed firewall/mastery kill in hell..............and MF? Plz fill me in...if not I guess its back to blizzard

PS: NO METEOR I CANT STAND THAT SKILL ANYMORE!!! (VERY OLD)
    If this idea is viable plz give the the stats and skills that look good to you :)

2. robin2010

robin2010 IncGamers Member

go enchant with kuku

3. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

hydra/fireball? i have a feeling this would be LETHAL in pvp

4. HazardFC

HazardFC IncGamers Member

I use FW but I am not pure fire.

The problem with FW is that it needs to have things stand still, or at least have them walk along the wall.

I have it maxed and have about 5 points in mastery (and nother +11 from items). I am doing over 6K in dmg and it does indeed kill in hell, sometimes pretty fast.

HOWEVER, I use a maxed Glacial Spike(with longer freeze from a maxed blizzard) to have things stand still long enough.

Of course, if the glacial/blizzard can kill, I normally do not even use my fw. But it is really powerfull on the cold immunes I encounter.

BUT, I would hate to have to use Fire Wall for everything. TOo much work getting the mobs to stay in the fire.

5. BellaHella

BellaHella IncGamers Member

how is this working out for you? i'm making a basic 1.10 cookie cutter meteorbess and am currently using spike + firewall + merc to kill everything since i'm only around lvl 20 and can't yet use my planned skills. i was wondering last night how a spike/waller would work out if stuff was maxed. it seems like it would be pretty cool.

6. HazardFC

HazardFC IncGamers Member

Well, here is the deal.

My grand plan was to be GS/FW mostly. But, after maxing GS, I began adding to Blizzard for a longer freeze. As blizzard got higher, I gave in and began using it more and more.
    Now I am adding to Blast to get even more dmg (to both GS and Blizzard).

So, here is my normal play style:

vs Non Cold immunes:
    I hit Blizzard, spam GS while waiting on timer, Hit Blizzard Again.
    I do trhough in FW every now and then and it does really work well.
    GS on its own just does not do enough damage (It is in the 600 range atm).
    I have started using blast when hitting a single boss as it is doing more damage (700+).

vs Cold Immunes
    My merc tanks, and I use FW. Works really well.
    My FW is maxed but FIre Master is not (only a few points) and I am doing about 6K in fw dmg. With FM maxed, it would even do more.

I have +11 from skills.

So, i tend to use blizzard/gs in combo more than fw/gs. But FW is great for the cold immunes.
    And, with my merc doing physical, not much I cannot get past.

7. HeX-CuRsE

One thing we seem to have forgotten is..INFERNO ... blizzard I KNOW is a great atk but its getting kinda boring and I was looking towards fire and I was thinking since firewall requires them to walk/stand in it INFERNO could maul packs...but even so it looks like it might still need an ice move with it..can anyone tell me the overall dmg of inferno with warmth maxed/mastery?if this fails tho I guess its back to blizz :mad:

8. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

<Edit: Removed link to site that barters duped items - AlterEgo>

at lvl 30/30/30, inferno deals 3933-4186 dmg per second at 12 mana per second. in general, this isn't enuf. inferno gets hard to use in hell. i love inferno sorcs to death, but they just aren't too great.

9. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

well.. i get to this in my calculation:

Current Skill Level: 40
    Average Fire Damage: 6800-7163 per second
    Range: 22.6 yards
    Mana Cost: 14 per second

this is:
    max inferno, warmth and fire mastery
    9 to fire skills (8 skillers + magefist)
    11 to all skills (2 shako + 2 amu + 3 occy + 1 lidless + 1 armor (viper) + 2 soj)

nothing to special about this, should be doable without to much expensive equip.

however if you DO want to get the real dmg... look now:
    with this equip, you can get still more
    14 to fire skills (10 skillers + magefist + 3 fire skills amu)
    10 to all skills (2 shako + 3 echecutas + lidless + 2 soj + arachnic mesh + anni)
    3 to inferno (ormus robes)

Current Skill Level: 47
    Average Fire Damage: 8800-9230 per second
    Range: 26 yards
    Mana Cost: 16 per second

and this is without the extra +xx% to fire skills dmg from echecuta's, ormus and 4 juwels (in shako, ormus, eschecuta and lidless) which could give an extra 20 + 15 + 4*5 = 55% extra fire dmg.

total dmg with this (almoost perfect) equip would come to something like:
    Average Fire Damage: 9943-10429 per second
    Range: 26 yards
    Mana Cost: 16 per second

you could even look for some kind of thingy to put on your head with +3 to fire skills, and improve dmg even more.

and if you REALLY wanna go insane, find a skill shrine and a barb to give you battle cry .... and HAVE fun

seems to me that with this kind of dmg ... things should DIE pretty nice :xrollseye

10. GIR

GIR Banned

Was thinking about it... keep in mind that I've never tried my hand at PvP yet, but a good Fire Wall could be good with all the teleporting going on as I understand it in PvP now. Person teleports - Gets greeted a second later with a hot foot. Some decent FCR will make it all the better.

11. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

firewall has a timer on it iirc

so faster cast will do **** to help you on that one

12. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if you counted right... anyways, bonuses from synergies are based on your actual skillpoints, so they stop gving bonuses after you max them (at 20) no matter how many +skills you have.

13. mr.nadalar

mr.nadalar Banned

fire wall is MUCH WORSE then in 1.09, if anything ur not using meyteor use fireball

14. HeX-CuRsE

It may be....but fireball is just boring to me o_O so how much dmg can firewall really do? and ok so without godly items inferno wont work I understand but can firewall be good? and heres a question....would a firewall/FO sorc work? it may be alrdy made but I never heard of one so...any insite on this would be nice :D but all and all if everything else fails I guess its back to good ol blizzard :thumbsup: even tho its boring....it kills and since this sorc will be one of my two mfers (trap asn looks good for MF) I would like firewall be able to do the work but how bout that FW/FO sorc....I like it

15. AlphaStrikeII

AlphaStrikeII IncGamers Member

I have a FO/Firewall mf sorc (lvl 90) on 1.10 ladder. It's not the fastest killer but with the help of the holy freze merc it gets the job done. Taking this from memory but I think FO damage is around 500++ and firewall is 6000+ merc has 2k+ max. This build can basicly run any area in the game I usualy take Mausoleum, Pit, Andy, Lost tunnels, Meph, Diablo, Frigid, (pindle, but he's dangerous) Baal.
    Gear:
    PT shako, Pt Skulder's +1 amy with res, Wizard spike, PD PD upgraded moser's, (ali and rhyme in grim shield on switch) 2x soj upgraded Nightsmoke belt (belive it or not, I've not found goldwrap yet), chanse guard, rare battle bots (ca 25 mf 20 rw some res)
    Merc gear:
    Lionhart armor(for strenght)
    Tal rasha mask with 15 ias
    Bonehew shael amn

assigned stats:
    strenght 110
    dex 75
    life rest
    energy base

This setup gives me 75 res all in hell and around 1100 life and 1200 mana.
    It's a good setup for solo mf in 1 player game, but does too little damage in a game with 3+ players.

16. HeX-CuRsE

alpha how are your skill points distributed? This is getting a littile wierd for me so Anyone plz tell me now whats the fastest killing MF sorc? just plz stay away from meteor..anything but meteor o_O and alpha how long does it take you too kill hell meph/pindle per run? Could your sorc take Baal with 2 ppl in the game?(and his minions......)

17. prion

prion IncGamers Member

nah i think this should be enough solo, as long as you have a skill to keep monsters cold, and some defense on you, and can take a moderate pounding, and a merc....I think it's doable, but remember that the damage is over one second instead of instantaneus like Fireball...so it will definitely take some time to get through the game.

This build is not suitable for high level pvp or rapid mf runs. It is a fun theme build, nothing more.

And I've got to qualify that with the fact that this build may eventually fail--a lot can happen in a second..and it may work fine but you decide not to finish the game beacuse it's too slow.

I am working on an inferno sorc and with the advice of this forum I have decided to use FO as my backup skill.

18. prion

prion IncGamers Member

hmmm you might want to go CL/orb

19. HeX-CuRsE

CL/FO sounds good but I hate the lit tree now in the patch...nova and TS got nerfed....very *** and personally I've always had a bad taste in my mouth after I saw the other lit skills....there kinda lame o_O ok so no lit skills or fireball/meteor......well its looking like blizz or FO/FW again....geez does FO/FW sound good? Help anyone?

20. Dr Milton Freidman

Dr Milton Freidman IncGamers Member

Flamer

go total DR, 10+1 fire charms and the rest of FRW small charms.

Get some nat boots (40%) and some +skill items on switch.

Pump Vital, str and dex and become a BLAZER. I love running around and setting the place on fire.

Its fun but not always very effectie against the monsters who like to camp out.