Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure Chargers any good?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by giantsloth, Feb 28, 2004.

1. giantsloth

giantsloth Banned

Pure Chargers any good?

I'm currently making a charger paladin for their prowess in dueling, so i think. My plan is to max all the synergys, of course, but not investing points in another skills excpet in either the aura fana or conc, which one should i choose? Another question is how much dex i should have, and if i should either use a 2handed weapon or shield and weapon?

2. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

I really think you should read up first, there are a lot threads dedicated to this subject. If after a while you still can't find it, then that's probably when people will answer. Check out the guides more importantly, they are stickied for that exact purpose.

3. giantsloth

giantsloth Banned

i did read up on the only guide that was on the sticky was a vindicator not a pure charger i'm also new to the forums, so i figure i just ask it, but its no big deal so w/e

4. Sonic

Sonic IncGamers Member

i'd suggest having Hammer as well, since a sinergy is shared and pottentialy an Aura. but if you want to be Pure Charger, yeah i'td work.
    Since you like being non-conventional, take conviction as your main Aura, and get a Famine Berserker Axe. AR is something you don't want to mess with this Build, so conviction helps a los with that.

5. giantsloth

giantsloth Banned

allright thank you, so i'll definatly use a shield, but which shield would you suggest? Currently i have an ss, nothing socketed into it, and i also have an alma negra, or should i look for an entirly differnt shield? :scratch:

6. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

Chargers are really not the best duelers......

You can beat someone who is way better than you in a lucky hit, but get continually beat by someone with newb items that knows how to avoid a charge again and again. Chargers are too dependent on the other guys ability and not yours. You really can only be so good with a charger. A hybred build allows you to use your dueling skills rather than luck of landing a charge.

7. Sonic

Sonic IncGamers Member

i think that he knows. btw, i'd like to see how u dodge a slvl 20+ fanat and charge.

about your question giantsloth, it very much depends on your armor. Always take full dr when playing against a physical Damage character, so if you can afford Enigma or other Top-End Armor, i'd take Stormshield, else alma negra + Shaftstop will do.

if you choose to do what i mention above, and also use hammer, consider usa a HoZ for extra skills.

8. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Charging is bugged at the moment and might remain so for a while. If your target moves perpendicular at the right moment and you get to where he was without a target, you get locked in place. Meaning your a sitting duck. Now the hammers idea might be good but your damage will be too low because you are not synergized. Try being a hammerdin based build with charge as your range attack. That's what I would do anyway. As for AR problems, get 2 angelic rings and an angelic ammy, it provides a significant boost.

9. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

Its easy to dodge a charge if you have r/w or tele. Wait tell the lock on, and move.

If you had charge and hammers with enigma, then your set:

Tele in, cast hammers, when they start to run, charge.

When they are running away, that is your best bet for getting them running in a straight line for charge.

Still, sorcs and other chars with tele will be able to dodge your charge, but they should take the occasionally hammer.

10. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Thats basically a liberator with the emphasis on charge. Remember charge itself adds ar and if you have massive +skills like the usual hammerdin charge has pretty good ar even without fana. My liberator doesnt have too much ar problems except against barbs and zealots.

11. Apologetix

Apologetix IncGamers Member

i think you should use vigor as your main aura.. your charge will be so fast it will be hard to dodge.. also since youre saving the points from not investing in fanat//convic///conc put them in either blessed aim for the passive ar bonus or defiance for the holyshield synergy.. no fanat and no conc and definitely not conviction...