Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pure-Bone MF-Necro any good?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by MrNuby, Jun 3, 2005.

1. MrNuby

MrNuby IncGamers Member

Pure-Bone MF-Necro any good?

Was thinking about making my first Necro, and since I like MF:ing I might as well do it both at the same time. My question now is that can one MF good with Spear+Spirit as main attacks with just a golem and merc as cover - Or does one need skellies?

if skellies are needed, how would the best MF/Lvl-skill point placement look?
    20 BSpear
    20 BSpirit
    20 BWall

Should I then go 20 in Teeth and BPrison? Granted I Could go with the Marrow-bug, but where would I best spend those 20 Skill Points? 10/10 in Skellies/Mastery or max one of them and just 1p in the other? If so, which one?

MrNuby

2. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Well if u can achieve a decent fcr breakpoint (75% is the minimum imo), with some + skills and mana regen (insight merc), and still have decent mf, i dont see why it wouldnt work, teeth is great for clearing out the pit, spear/spirit kills bosses just fine (except baal really, u'd need a high crushing blow merc for that.)
    If u have lots of + skills u can put 1 point into raise skeleton and mastery and still have an effective meat shield, while being able to max out all your bone spells.
    U could also look for a wand with +revive on it, and make White out of it. That way u wouldnt have to put pts into prereqs for revive and would sort out your meat shields that way.

3. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy IncGamers Member

Regarding, teeth...can you hit same target with multiple teeth? Or does it behave like Zon's multishot?

4. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

AFAIK, a target can be hit by only 1 tooth, but since they pierce, that same tooth can also hit another target behind the initial one.
    If u have doubts about teeth, ill tell u that its VERY EFFICIENT at clearing out masses of low hp monsters - fallen camps, flayers, 1000 maggot babies etc.

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

It's pretty much like a magic multishot. Bonemancers are one of the most popular duelers.

I wouldn't pick one for MF though. FCR is important to the build as are +skills. Getting good resists on a well-equipped bonemancer are tough enough without having to worry about MF. I would use one as a socketable searcher.

That said, they are very fun to play in PvM as well as PvP. I used a combination of bone wall and confusion with mine to keep enemies at bay while I splattered them from afar. Imagine playing a sorceress that can simply cause enemies to start attacking each other while she blasts away at them.

All three bone attacks remain useful throughout the game. Teeth is great for taking out scattered groups of canon fodder, Bone Spear works well against groups of tougher enemies (you'll likely use this one the most), and Bone Spirit is perfect for tough single opponents since it does more damage but doesn't pierce enemies like spear doing more overall damage.

Check out the guides for gear suggestions.

6. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well with your idea of:
    20 BSpear
    20 BSpirit
    20 BWall
    i would then max raise skeleton and dump as many points into skeleton mastery as doing so would be of greater benefit for skellies :D There is also a build (pure boner) that does away with minions altogether and uses wall/prison+merc+clay as distractions from baddies but from personal preference i find item running more fun with bone+minions hehe. This ladder season my main mf char is a bone/summon and i am doing fine (pvm/mf) hitting the 48fcr b.p (40 hoto/ +2 necro/prismatic/9 fcr ammy) I have 330mf main and 450mf switch and a +3/3 rs/sm or +3/3 spear/spirit 'splendour' necro head is a nice one to have before killing blow on act bosses :p The only problematic monsters (in theory) are Horadrim Ancients and Plague Bearers as they are Magic Immune in running WS and Ancient Tunnels but thats where merc+golem+skellies+revives shine hehe. For high h.p Hell Baal: revives+skellies+ recasted clay+decep+spirit+merc = gg Agree that might merc with Insight works like a dream for this build and pure boner. If you are curious on gear/tactics/dmg output :

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=338630

Cheers :D
    p.s Welcome to the Necromancer class :p