Pumpkin pattern

Pumpkin pattern

Anybody want to give me a hand making a pumpkin pattern?

I have this outstanding source pic that I want to make into a pattern. I'm not happy with my own attempts and figured somebody here might want to have a go at it.

I'm going to carve the pumpkin with Dremel tool so the pattern can be a lot more complex than you would normally attempt with knives or the pumpkin carving saws.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Can't you just draw one on in texta or something first? Or is it your draftsmanship that's the problem?

If you are using a dremel tool then why do you need to simplify the patter? Just remember that you can't do really fine detail.

Put it in GIMP and just erase everything but the edges. Print that and an original so you can get your depth right.

{KOW}Spazed said:
If you are using a dremel tool then why do you need to simplify the patter? Just remember that you can't do really fine detail.
Last year I took this image and made this pattern.

As you can see, a lot of detail can be done. The dragon image I want to use this year is more complex and I lack the artistic skill to make it into a good pattern.

What I'm looking for is anybody that thinks they can do this dragon pattern justice to make the pattern.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Smeg, is this going to be one of those "carved just on the surface of the pumpkin" deals, rather than something cut all the way through?

I agree that you need to take pics for us. :)

Nope, this is a traditionally carved through pumpkin. I'm just using a Dremel tool to facillitate the carving. You can't carve the level of detail I'm doing with hand tools.