Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pulling off the neverending walk bug

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Arkardo, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Pulling off the neverending walk bug

Hi all,

It's been four months since I began playing D2 again and I've still never got to fight Diablo Clone yet. I figured it might be a good idea to let D2 running overnight to increase the odds of spawning Diablo Clone.

Now, I've read about a bug that let's your character get stuck somewhere while keeping on walking. This way the servers think you're playing and you're less likely to be disconnected.

I've done this bug a couple of times by accident, but couldn't pull it off if I try too. So this is my question: are there easy ways to pull this bug off?

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Try using the wall near Akara. Stand on one side and click on Akara. Sometimes, your char tries to run towards her but is blocked by the wall, leaving him/her running constantly in one place. If you can access the Outer Cloister waypoint, the big door there is a somewhat easier place, since I usually get stuck running in place accidently while running to the Pits.

3. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

4. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

WOW! That was way better help than I could have hoped for! Thank you so much! It's so easy to pull off with this information!

Now, let's hope that cowardly Diablo Clone will at last shows up to face my Skelliemancer! :evil:

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

You can also "get stuck" if you stand on the stairs above your stash in Harrogath, and then click the stash.
    You might need a little practice to find the right spot to stand on, but yeah... it works.