Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pul runes....

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Death Merchant, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Death Merchant

Death Merchant IncGamers Member

pul runes....

I need advice on in the event I get a pul to drop or craft one, what should I use it for? I have a 4 socket superior sacred armor (643 def) I plan on making Stone with. I also have a +286% ribcracker I got from the icy cellar in NM, my current weapon is a Passion ogre maul. Decisions, decisions...... :scratch:

2. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

What char do you have, or plan to make? My defient/zeal paladin would benifit a lot from a stone sacred armor, while my fury druid could use a ribcracker.

3. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

yah, we'll be better able to answer that question depending on what char you are playing... generally though, i tend to go for bigger, better, and faster weapons whenever i can. so my vote is for the upgraded ribcracker... throw a Shael in it and it is one helluva sweet fury WW weapon. :drool:

4. Death Merchant

Death Merchant IncGamers Member

I'm using a maul barb (naturally). Lvl 83 to be exact. I only wished I invested in WW points sooner. I'm up to 3 now. The rest of the skill points I get will be towards ww. I maxed out leap attack for surgical strikes and escapes out of trouble. The equipment I wear aren't too special. Tal's armor and a few decent rares, exceptional and elite. The gloves are pretty decent, 20% IAS and 25% mf.

5. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I'd say ribcracker then. Unless you are using concentrate, or heavy in iron skin, the defence raise by stone won't affect the enemy's chance to hit you much.

6. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

Ribcracker + Amn = ok, but get leech somewhere else is better
    Ribcracker + Shael = the extra 20 IAS doesnt seem all that helpful
    Ribcracker + Pul = Dynamite! ->

Pul in a Ribcracker is a great tenderizer on those tough ole hides of Meph and Baal w the extra AR on demons.

Makes a melee char's MF runs on Mephy very quick. I have a Buriza to mow down Bremm's pack in the middle, go up the right or left flank, switch to Ribcracker to sliver down Meph and switch to Ali Baba+Rhyme for MF kill.
    MF runs in about 2 minutes :yep:

7. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

i'm gonna have to disagree with you, vajurewi... if you are in need of extra AR, then there are much better ways than using a pul rune. if you get some large charms with up to 125 AR on them, that amount will be multiplied by your attack skill and by your masteries, thus turning 125 AR into 5-600 easy. and that will help you hit both undead and demons.

in addition, the shaeled, upgraded ribcracker just hits the last breakpoint for a WW barb. base speed of 10 for a Walking Stick, -50 from the weapon mods, and -20 from the shael => super ultra fast spinning barb. only downside with the ribcracker for a barb is that the reach isn't so hot. most WW barbs go with long swords, mauls, or polearms.