Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Public Trading?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Oxy, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Oxy

Oxy IncGamers Member

Public Trading?

So, I searched the forums, and yet, there's nothing. So, I decided to post.

It goes like this: I come into any hardcore ladder trade channel, and there's 40 people there, and none of them (I mean, I've never even HEARD anyone say ANYTHING in a trade channel) are saying anything. I usually join Lod Hardcore Trading Useast-1, and no one ever says what they're looking for, or what they have to have to offer. Wait. They don't even SPEAK. Am I the only one who's noticed this? Am I joining the wrong channel? :O

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

You're joining the right channel.. but the people in the channel usually suck. Sometimes you will find great traders, but they are diamonds in the rough.

Lucky

3. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

You just have to learn the language. Practice saying "WUG?" Also "WUW"? It is just a language problem.

4. Oxy

Oxy IncGamers Member

I just don't get how I'm the only one that, if you bother joining a trade channel ($%@^ U! lobby), you trade. Am I the only one that understands that? Don't need advanced calculus.

5. Oxy

Oxy IncGamers Member

I'm not sure everyone fully gets me. I'm a fully trained public traider, appointed by the council of Gattathia, trained by the one and only Emeff. I can speak the language. Except... THERE'S NO ONE TO SPEAK TO. They're all either muted, or something. No idea.

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Have you checked all of their profiles? Some people just put their ISO and FT lists in their infos and go idle for a while (ISO = in search of, FT = for trade).

Just an idea, I never enter the traded channels... in fact GAT is the only channel I'm ever in.

7. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

Join the rpg traders thingy off this site. Stuff is cheaper and the people are actually there to trade (imagine that!)

8. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I wouldn't know, because I gave up on trading. There's just too many people who want tals ammy for their cracked sash.

I'll give away or sell my extra stuff before I enter a trade channel and support people who are looking to make a profit with their trades.

9. Oxy

Oxy IncGamers Member

Trumpet: Yeah, I've been doing it, but half the people's profile is just blank.

Cyradis: I trade for profit. It's how I "MF". Back in .09, I considered myself an okay trader, who could get a lot of bang for his buck. I know about the trader's market here, but then I can't rip anyone off without having a guilty consience.

Spero: Hehe.

Well, I did get 2x flamebellows, 1x unid bstar and 1x unique unid flying axes for my TGods, so I'm happy :)

10. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Hehehe Oxy, I remember in .09 you were one of the few who traded professionally... like me.

I'm in the same trade channel, and it's not just you. People do want to trade, but it takes forever to get any responses because people park in channel. Between the "I are the 1337" and flame wars going down in there, I occassionally get some business done.

Slightly Off Topic tho: The majority are boobs in there, and I occassionally deal with them to get what I want. Top most annoying spams that fill the void:

1. "I have GF/WF/HoZ/soj/BK Ring/Verds/Zod/Cham/Jah/Sur/Ohm/Vex/etc/etc... /w with offers"
    2. "I have soj for trade"
    3. "I have (insert tons of junk here), looking for SS/Shako/Death's Fathom"
    4. Any spam that says "NR=NT"
    5. "I have (insert the exact items you are looking for), by PAYPAL"

Ok, Number 1 is my most hated. These are guys that have all the godly crap and have no idea what they are looking for in trade. A simple ISO would really help. These people, although rich, are the poorest traders. Trust me, I've /w'd them lots of times, and they haven't a clue what they are looking for.

Number 2 is a halfwit who just found his SOJ, he's poor, and wants Shako/SS/Tals Armor and Ammy for his little SoJ. He's rich in his opinion and waiting on the uber rich to lose their minds from lack of offers for their stuff.

Number 3 is always looking for mega-elites to replace the crap he found off of Hell Andy. Typically the next-to-worst trader you'll encounter. If you enter a game with them, expect the WUG, begging, and insistent /w's afterward to ensue.

Number 4 is a jerk. He's really just there to turn down every offer he sees. Unless you are ripping yourself off with your offer, he's not gonna say anything to you.

Number 5, well, these guys are flat out morons running spam bots 24/7. Blizz has yet to ban them.

I have always put an ISO or a needs list in my profile just to make it easier and reduce the "WUGs" and "WUWs".

11. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

Hehe, good response. I realize you trade for a profit. I don't hold it against you personally. I just don't have the patience to keep up the WUW, WUG as long as many people on the trade channels do. I do the other way of mfing.

I did deliberately give up on trading, thinking that my past behavior was just reinforcing the WUW/WUGGERs. :flip:

12. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

*grins*
    As long as the other person leaves happy it isn't a rip off. I have made bad trades just because the item is one I want and don't want to wait for a better trade. Just because they accept less than I would doesn't mean they have been robbed, just means they have different char needs at the time of the trade. Plus it beats the heck out of standing in empty channels or listening to "DUDE LENNYMO ROXXORS - GIB SHAFT"

13. Oxy

Oxy IncGamers Member

Conner: You got me perfectly. Unfortunately, I just got on D2 to get ready for Season 2 (so I'm not a *total* newbie), but I know I'll go hardcore trading when I'm ready. It's why, in 2 days, I've gotten more stuff than people playing ladder all season.

Spero: My Tal's armor is worth your cracked sash because I need one right now and it makes me happy.

14. Oxy

Oxy IncGamers Member