Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PTR Patch 2.2.0 Focused Feedback

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

PTR Patch 2.2.0 Focused Feedback

Blizzard has made their usual PTR request, asking that the testers focus their feedback on some of the new stuff. There are a couple of other relevant matters as well:

Major performance drop off vs. live. I've switched between the PTR and Live about 4 different times now, no performance issues on live each time when in deep gameplay action Vs. major performance drop off & super choppy gameplay each time on PTR, even when not in heavy gameplay.

Not sure if its the new file format responsible for this, but it's making testing impossible. please fix this asap.

Tsarnis: Thanks for the reports about these frame rate issues, everyone. I just wanted to pop in here and let you all know that this is something we are actively investigating on our end as well. [source]http://diablo.incgamers.com/blizzard-tracker/devthread/us/16411362265[/source]

I had this to crippling effect on the PTR yesterday, with massive machine-load slowdowns, especially every time I entered a new tileset and saw new monsters. FPS would drop to slide show speed when the action heated up, in a way that I've never seen it on the Live realms. It didn't quit either, and would keep reoccuring as I worked through a Rift. (Playing on Live last night, there was no such slowdown.)

[caption id="attachment_383048" align="alignright" width="207"][​IMG] PTR wait to create.[/caption]So that's an issue, but the real crippling effect so far on the PTR... is this. The queues are incredible, up from an hour+ yesterday to over 3 hours so far today. (I got on today and entered a queue with an estimated 3:32 wait. When I checked back 30m later after writing this post, my queue was... 3:35. Progress!)

As we saw on the last PTR, the initial rush of players eager to try out the new stuff is totally overloading the limited PTR capacity. (Last time it was bad for a week or so, but once the newness factor wore off, the crowding and queueing went away.) Since creating your own game is almost impossible in these circumstances, the best bet is to join someone else's. There are public games with all the pros and (mostly) cons they offer, so a better option is to join a clan. The PTR is its own separate Realm and while your Friend's List carries over, your clan does not. We've got an clan just on the PTR, open to HC or SC, and with lots of people trying to create a game, the odds of someone succeeding are much improved.

Want a reminder of how to get your current characters to the PTR? Blizzard's got a useful step by step guide for your reference.

PTR Patch 2.2.0 Focused Feedback. Click through for the big Blue post on the focused feedback for PTR. They mostly want testers to try out the new and changed Item Sets, which would be much easier if the new ones were dropping!

Welcome, nephalem, to the Patch 2.2.0 PTR!

This upcoming patch features numerous quality of life and item revisions for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. For more information on the full scope of Patch 2.2.0, please check out our latest PTR patch notes here and our Patch Preview here.

We want to make the most of your testing efforts, so while we welcome any and all feedback, we are currently looking for focused discussions on the following topics:

Updates to existing Class Sets
    • Immortal King's Call
    • Roland's Legacy
    • Natalya's Vengeance
    • Inna's Mantra
    • Raiment of a Thousand Storms
    • Zunimassa's Haunt
    • Firebird's Finery
    • Tal Rasha's Elements

New Class Sets
    • Unhallowed Essence (Demon Hunter)
    • Delsere's Magnum Opus (Wizard)

For this first PTR, we've left out the Wrath of the Wastes (Barbarian) set as it's still receiving iteration. While you're welcome to test it out in its current state, we're not yet looking for feedback on it and you should expect changes in a future PTR patch.

To help guide your feedback, we ask that you use the following format:

• Name of the set you are testing:
    • What do you like most?
    • What do you like least?
    • How do you feel about the playstyle provided when this set is fully equipped?
    • Approximate power level (Highest Greater Rift reached, Torment difficulty played, etc.)
    • Do you feel this compares with other sets for your class? Why or why not?
    • Additional comments:

With that said, thank you to all our PTR participants. Your feedback is appreciated and continues to be integral to our design and iteration process. Happy testing!

Please Note: In order to facilitate focused feedback, posts in this thread that are not relevant to the topics listed above will be deleted. Please create a new thread for your concerns if they are outside the above topics. Thank you!
    [source]http://diablo.incgamers.com/blizzard-tracker/devthread/us/16412041974[/source]

Unfortunately, as of this morning the new DH and Wiz and Barb set items are still not dropping, though the Blue said they'd look into that. (I envision some programmer slapping his forehead when he opens the legendary item spreadsheet and sees a 0 instead of a 1 in the "drop" column, like in the old days of D2 mods.)

I've got the Nat's, Inna's, Thousand Storms, and Sunwuko's sets on my DH and Monk on my PTR account, and would love to do some testing... if I could ever create a game! Also, odd they don't ask for Sunwuko testing, since it's gone from a 4 to a 6-piece set. Probably since the 6th bonus is still a non-functional WiP...

[gallery link="file" ids="383034,383032,383031"]
    Continue reading the Original Story

2. Scion of Yawgmoth

Scion of Yawgmoth IncGamers Member

I didn't get to play much last night, but my friend is a Monk and he was seeing 1 billion damage crits from regular Spirit Generators while wearing the Inna's 2-set, Simplicity's Strength and Dex Depth Diggers. That seems like it could be a very powerful build. Also, he found a legendary weapon called Corrupted Ashbringer which was not mentioned in the patch notes, but was in game anyway. For those who haven't seen it, I'll post the description in the next paragraph.

Corrupted Ashbringer - Legendary 2-handed sword.

When you kill an enemy, there is a chance for a skeleton minion to spawn. When five skeleton minions have been spawned, they all explode and Corrupted Ashbringer changes its form into Ashbringer. While in Ashbringer form, the weapon radiates an aura that deals massive damage around you for a few seconds. I don't know the exact range of the damage, but my friend got a roll with ~6500% holy damage per second. Whatever it is, it's very large. His Sweeping Wind was 1/2-shotting Elite packs on T6.

3. uckethea

uckethea IncGamers Member

Such long queues... 58 mins. I'm going to guess tomorrow night will be far worse.

4. PrvtPiLe

PrvtPiLe IncGamers Member

Eh, I hope they don't keep the 2000% buff rate on there for too long.

5. PrvtPiLe

PrvtPiLe IncGamers Member

Ah, I just read that they're turning the buff off on 3rd March. I guess that's decent enough.

6. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

i had like 5-10fps in rifts yesterday impossible play, it went down as low as 5fps when big amount of monsters.. idk wtf they did to performance this bad :(

7. Spriggen

Spriggen IncGamers Member

i would like to see a change to the invoker set actually to make it more useful than being a soul (and to an extent to the demon set too) maybe add a 6 piece bonus to it saying pickup radius is now 10 yards and health globes now deal 2000% damage to enemies within your pickup radius(based on health globe bonus health) or remove this set completely as its completely useless in its current form