Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PTR +2000% Legendary Drop Rate is Over

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

PTR +2000% Legendary Drop Rate is Over

[caption id="attachment_383129" align="alignright" width="234"][​IMG] +2000% legendary buff ends...[/caption]The Patch 2.2.0 PTR +2000% Legendary Drop Rate is Over. There was no warning given on the PTR and Blizzard hasn't made an announcement yet, but the buff icon is no longer displaying in game, and players who were playing when it went away saw the effect in real time.

Sadly, I was one of them. That screenshot shows my inventory; I had actually just begun a T6 Rift when the buff ended, and you see the first few pick ups were legendary, when suddenly all the Elites and chests weren't popping legs anymore. Cruel reality!

There is one bonus; it's possible to obtain blue materials now. (You see my eagerness for them in the sOne side effect of the +2000% legendary buff was that blue items became almost nonexistent, since goblins hardly drop them, and all the magical items that usually spawn from chests were rolling as legendaries. Since Enchanting armor and weapons carries a high blue material cost, this was handcuffing many players in their efforts to experiment with the new sets, or changing around their builds.

[caption id="attachment_383128" align="alignright" width="280"][​IMG] Blue mats! No game queues![/caption]Again, I was a sad victim of this and had actually copied over my Live US account yesterday, since my existing PTR chars had great gear, but no way to enchant anything without any blue materials dropping. And with the +2000% buff, it was actually quicker to refarm all of the legendary items than it was to try to scrounge up blue mats with the buff active, primarily by praying for failed gambles or Infernal Hoarders.

It's possible that Blizzard might turn the +2000% buff back on again during this PTR, if they make changes to the sets and a new wave of players need a quick way to farm them up, but there's no official word on that. And this also means that any lingering game creation queues should soon be gone, with fewer players on the PTR (though the game creation delays seemed to have almost entirely vanished yesterday).
    Continue reading the Original Story

2. randomice

randomice IncGamers Member

500 plvls onlive(300 on season atm) and 2000% drop rate on ptr and stil havent got an SMK, luck is not on my side i guess :mad:

3. Jorl#1363

Jorl#1363 IncGamers Member

Shut up man, they announce it here. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16411131909

Stop being a cry baby.

4. Genocides

Genocides IncGamers Member

I think I was on at the same time (Duskmourn) and I was mid-rift and noticed that everything was suddenly less fun drop rate bonanza. No warning, no message, just lost a buff icon (that I didn't notice left) and my item drop mad dash to get the gear I needed in time ended. Was hoping for a few items that never dropped, but did get most of my needed build defining items except Ashbringer I really wanted one to see it's effect once it became re-implimented down the road and there is a monk build for it.

5. Genocides

Genocides IncGamers Member

Just as an aside I didn't have a blue material issue because well I had over 5k already on my seasonal.