Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Psychopaths/saints

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PublicEnemy, Apr 2, 2004.

1. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

Psychopaths/saints

Have you ever met and/or spoken to a psychopath? How to recognize them?
    I have not yet met one,so i am just asking to get prepared :scared:

Have you met/spoken to someone who is a "saint"? The kind of people like Jesus,without flaws,and who has never disappointed you

2. Kawaii

Kawaii IncGamers Member

Yes, i have a mirror in my bathroom you know.

;)

3. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

Thanx for keeping my thread alive :worship:
    Bump me again my little Troll ;)

4. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

No I haven't met any phycho's or saints.

5. Jonas

Jonas IncGamers Member

I met Ronald McDonald once. He was a little of both.

6. Tridge

Tridge IncGamers Member

oh WOW
    i know this old vietnam vet.
    his name is michael, but he is called "The Archangel Michael".
    he claims to be just that. a being of the heavanly host.
    he gives sermons in his apartment, and even has his own money.
    looks like a dollar bill, but with his face on it and a few minor alterations.
    he preaches (big suprise) about the end times.
    ah yes, the apocalyptic visions of a criminally insane charismatic cult leader
    :cheesy:

7. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

Yeah. I think so at least. Most of the girls I know have a habit of getting involved with the worst they can find. One of my friends had a boyfriend about two years back who had a lot of mental problems in the family and acted like a real sociopath. She broke it up when he bacame physically threatening. One night he locked her into her apartment, screamed at her for a few hours while trashing the place and wouldn´t let her use the phone. He continued to stalk her for a while... coming to her door every now and then until she wouldn´t open her door unless people phoned in advance to tell her they were coming over. I´m pretty sure that guy was an actual sociopath.

8. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Most people don't understand the true definition of psychopathic. Tridge's, for example, is no psycopath. They're extremely rare. I've met the occasional person with sociopathic tendencies on the job and even in my personal life. Hell, half the teenagers I see around today have sociopathic tendencies.

9. Madness

Madness IncGamers Member

I have a friend who was hospitalized and was on Ritalin and Prozak.
    He had sudden outbursts of rage, he was dangerous. He once took one of the tables in his house and chopped it into tiny cubes with an axe.
    Ive never seen him act wierd, when Im with him he is normal (kinda wierd, but normal), but he was hospitalized and it appears to have helped him alot.

10. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

I dont talk to my ex, not because I have a grudge or anything, but because shes a psycho and its a total waste of so many mental resources.

As for a saint... I think everyone disappoints sooner or later, but I dont think thats what a saint is. Jesus disapointed someone obviously. In this case, I think Ive met many many saints.

11. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Let's review, people. Psychopathy is not what your nutjob ex had.

Psychopathy has as a main characteristic (meaning present often, but not always) Antisocial Personality Disorder in which the main characteristic of it is a complete and utter disregard for the rights of others and the rules of society. They seldom show anxiety and don't feel guilt. There's really no effective treatment for them other than locking them up in a secure facility with such rigid rules that they cannot talk their way out. A full list of APD traits would include: sense of entitlement, unremorseful, apathetic to others, unconscionable behavior, blameful of others, manipulative and conning, affectively cold, disparate understanding, socially irresponsible, disregardful of obligations and nonconforming to norms and irresponsibility.

The DSM-IV "clinical" features of Antisocial Personality Disorder (with a person having at least three of these characteristics) are: 1. Failure to conform to social norms; 2. Deceitfulness, manipulativeness; 3. Impulsivity, failure to plan ahead; 4. Irritability, aggressiveness; 5. Reckless disregard for the safety of self or others; 6. Consistent irresponsibility; 7. Lack of remorse after having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another person

Psychopathy is usually defined as a makeup of affective, interpersonal, and behavioral characteristics including egocentricity; impulsivity; irresponsibility; shallow emotions; lack of empathy, guilt, or remorse; pathological lying; manipulativeness; and the persistent violation of social norms and expectations.The crimes of psychopaths are usually stone-cold, remorseless killings for no apparent reason. They cold-bloodedly take what they want and do as they please without the slightest sense of guilt or regret. In many ways, they are natural-born intraspecies predators who satisfy their lust for power and control by charm, manipulation, intimidation, and violence.

Most psychopaths have APs but not all APs are psychopaths.

Sociopathy, on the other hand, is chiefly characterized by something wrong with the person's conscience. They either don't have one, it's full of holes like Swiss cheese, or they are somehow able to completely neutralize or negate any sense of conscience or future time perspective. Sociopaths only care about fulfilling their own needs and desires - selfishness and egocentricity to the extreme. Everything and everybody else is mentally twisted around in their minds as objects to be used in fulfilling their own needs and desires. They often believe they are doing something good for society, or at least nothing that bad.

There are at least four different types: common, alienated, aggressive, and dyssocial. Commons are characterized mostly by their lack of conscience; the alienated by their inability to love or be loved; aggressives by a consistent sadistic streak; and dyssocials by an ability to abide by gang rules, as long as those rules are the wrong rules.

Some common sociopathic traits include: Egocentricity, Callousness, impulsivity, conscience defect, exaggerated sexuality, excessive boasting, risk taking, inability to resist temptation, antagonistic, deprecating attitude toward the opposite sex and lack of interest in bonding with a mate (*cough*).

12. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

So you have met my ex.

Edit: Originally I was joking but now that Ive read that description, my ex IS a psycho.