PSP - is it worth it?!?!

blu3l1ghtn1ng

Diabloii.Net Member
PSP - is it worth it?!?!

My friend has recently told me that he could hook me up with a PSP for roughly 150 to 200 canadian dollars. I'm wondering if its worth it at this time. Does anyone know how long it takes for the prices to drop?
 

Lord_Shinnok

Diabloii.Net Member
hand helds never did it for me. for my gameboy color i had Pokemon Red and Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages. I suggest spending the money on books and other learning aids. That or hamburgers.
 

blu3l1ghtn1ng

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
huh, hook you up? why is he looking to sell? the PSP has plenty of manufacturing defects
He claims he has more than 5 or 6 of em. I'm guessing he has a friend who gets them at manufacturers price. Still havent decided if I want it yet.
 

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
blu3l1ghtn1ng said:
He claims he has more than 5 or 6 of em. I'm guessing he has a friend who gets them at manufacturers price. Still havent decided if I want it yet.
I would make sure. People like to claim a lot of things nowadays.
 

blu3l1ghtn1ng

Diabloii.Net Member
Module88 said:
I would make sure. People like to claim a lot of things nowadays.
Regardless of how I get it, in the opinions of the forum - what do you guys think about it. I will get it somewhere down the line, i know I will. At this point is it worth shelling out the 200$.
 

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
i read in a game magazine that sony does not intend to drop the psp's price this year and will not be selling it in an individual package. Right now, you can only get it in a combo package for about 250 u.s. dollars.
 

gismo

Diabloii.Net Member
My personal opinion of the psp is no. If the thing could actually play playstation 1 games then it would be a good deal. But you are having to pay 40 bucks for these games. Not worth it in my opinion unless you are someone who travels by bus/train/plane a lot.
 

mexicanoloco

Diabloii.Net Member
i dont think you should get it...because after a while its gonna lie there and you will get bored of using it...get something thats actually gonna be useful in your life and you wont get bored with after a year or so
 

blu3l1ghtn1ng

Diabloii.Net Member
Raistlin Majere said:
I have gotten my hands on it and was not impressed. It is barely worth $150, let alone 250.
Ok I guess I'm waiting for PS3 or Xbox2. Not a huge gamer anyways, just looked like something interesting.
 

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
you have to give credit to sony on what they have accomplished. They successfully brought portable gaming to the next lvl and also made a system thats worthy of a challenge to nintendo's portable franchise.

although the price is a bit expensive and there are some defects most of the people out there still like it.
 

Raistlin Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
you have to give credit to sony on what they have accomplished. They successfully brought portable gaming to the next lvl and also made a system thats worthy of a challenge to nintendo's portable franchise.

although the price is a bit expensive and there are some defects most of the people out there still like it.
uummmm...... no.

The PSP is not specificly for gaming. It is more like on Ipod in a way. Gaming does not involve mp3 and movies the last time I checked. Not to mention none of their games are origional. The DS came with a orginional game for only the DS.

When it comes to pure gaming, Nintendo wipes the floor with the PSP's face. Battery life is a disgace. One of the key features Nintendo always inpliments is the ablity to take your GameBoy/ABA/DS anywhere. And that DS is quite durable. One of my friends dropped it on concrete and got so mad he actually kicked it (idiot). the damn thing still works. The PSP can barely survive being dropped, let alone retain its disc. If you even hold it wrong, out comes the disc. Don't even get me started on the screen.

Fix all the problems, and kick the price down a c-bill, and come up with some origional games, and I will comsider it a serious competator with Nintendo.
 

mullenman

Diabloii.Net Member
Raistlin Majere said:
uummmm...... no.

The PSP is not specificly for gaming. It is more like on Ipod in a way. Gaming does not involve mp3 and movies the last time I checked. Not to mention none of their games are origional. The DS came with a orginional game for only the DS.

When it comes to pure gaming, Nintendo wipes the floor with the PSP's face. Battery life is a disgace. One of the key features Nintendo always inpliments is the ablity to take your GameBoy/ABA/DS anywhere. And that DS is quite durable. One of my friends dropped it on concrete and got so mad he actually kicked it (idiot). the damn thing still works. The PSP can barely survive being dropped, let alone retain its disc. If you even hold it wrong, out comes the disc. Don't even get me started on the screen.

Fix all the problems, and kick the price down a c-bill, and come up with some origional games, and I will comsider it a serious competator with Nintendo.
So far i havn't had any problems at all with mine. I heard about all these so called defects but most of my friends have one and none of them have defects either. The games are great, the screen is massive, the graphics are insane, the sound is killer. I had a DS but got completely bored with it because of lackluster games (and very few of them at that) so i sold it and used that money towards the purchase of my PSP, and i havn't looked back since.

Oh and your friends sounds like quite an idiot with an anger problem. Your supposed to be good to your electronics, not throw them at the ground and kick em around.

Also on the topic of game originality, what about the DS with iut's rehashed mario and everything. So far the only really original game i saw was Feel the Magic, and it was decent, but i pretty much finished the whole game in less than 2 hours. While with my PSP i played Lumines for almost 6 hours the first night i had it and still didn't score over 100,000.

ah well, i say it's definatley worth it.
 

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
i never said that the psp was specifically for gaming. Gaming is mainly part of it although it is also a mp3 player and movie player which are extras.

The psp came with a whole bunch of original games along with many revived classics such as lumines and ridge racer. The psp also had a lot more games available when it was first launched than the DS. And with E3 coming up, there will be tons of more games coming.

And I NEVER said that the psp was better than the DS so don't get me started on that. I just said that sony deserves recognition for their first attempt at portable gaming which imo, is a success.

edit: and when i said that sony brought portable gaming to the next lvl, i meant it as in its graphics b/c the psp's graphics card is much better than the DS's.
 
Top