Psnmancer questions

Taishaku

Diabloii.Net Member
Too bad with Guardian Angel on (Or Venom Ward XD), my Poison Resist in Hell on my Bonemancer is 90%.

:p

I don't want to talk about carrying Antidote Pots. (Akara is my friend) XD

Poisonmancer should stick to PvM. Only once have I died to a Poisonmancer... but that when I killed him and triggered a lvl 50 Chain Lightening on my Enigma-wearing body (75% Res didn't save me ><)

They can PvP, but they lack the range, impartiality of damage, and speed the Bonemancer has. To win you need to get close enough to PNova; and pray it kills them.

GL HF DD KA DL vs. them Hammerdins. XD

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Taishaku said:
Too bad with Guardian Angel on (Or Venom Ward XD), my Poison Resist in Hell on my Bonemancer is 90%.

:p

I don't want to talk about carrying Antidote Pots. (Akara is my friend) XD

Poisonmancer should stick to PvM. Only once have I died to a Poisonmancer... but that when I killed him and triggered a lvl 50 Chain Lightening on my Enigma-wearing body (75% Res didn't save me ><)

They can PvP, but they lack the range, impartiality of damage, and speed the Bonemancer has. To win you need to get close enough to PNova; and pray it kills them.

GL HF DD KA DL vs. them Hammerdins. XD
I can tell that you yourself has never played with a pvp venomancer. Escpecially with the hammerdin comment.

Taishaku

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
I can tell that you yourself has never played with a pvp venomancer. Escpecially with the hammerdin comment.
... Actually, Hammerdin is what I had the most trouble with... I could never get close enough to Nova him.

And the Bonemancer is much more geared towars PvP than the Poisonmancer.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Taishaku said:
... Actually, Hammerdin is what I had the most trouble with... I could never get close enough to Nova him.

And the Bonemancer is much more geared towars PvP than the Poisonmancer.

Poison nova has a higher range than Blessed Hammer.

You could also say that lightning traps are much more geared toward PvP than fire traps. Meet a good fire trapper and you'll change your mind.

Poisoned one

Diabloii.Net Member
I honestly don't know what all you people are on about with your psn necro not being able to kill anything in hell. Yes, there are places where the psn necro doesn't get the job done. Bosses are the main ones, I never die on em, but it just takes one long time to get em dead. And the 4 waves in baal runs, but I just use CE for those once you or someone else kills one. Also, my necro is usually the one clearing out the throne room before the waves of balls minions start popping out. Everyone else is just dying But maybe you just don't have the right technique. I usually do, LR, spray psn, amp damage, CE. Any group of monsters gets wasted by this. The setup I have is.

2soc COA /w 2x P psn die facets
2/46 Death web /wP psn die facet
um'd 3pnb Darkforce
50%bramble
arach
P maras
2xsojs
trang gloves
Marrows
8x pnb gcs
1x anni

My nova does 12k damage on my level 93 nec with perfect resistances.

BTW has anyone ever looked at the psn explosion damage? mines at 88k:p

AphexB

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah lots of the monsters in hell with 8 ppl are easy.... but in places where u have to get in pretty close with the baddies it gets tough. In doing my Hellforge I cleared the monsters much faster than the higher lvl orb sorc. The thing I cant stand is the low cast rate, and the inability to keep firing. Unless im wrong, I thought spamming novas as fast as you can is pointless.

Cheetor

Diabloii.Net Member
Poison nova is not actualy a killing spel, it is just an support spell, it takes life from the all monsters so the minions or party members can kill them faster, I just use it to help my minions.
Since you canot max skelyes because you already maxed Pnova and synergies, just spend 1 skills into revives, and let +skills do the rest. Five revives are enough I gues.

sequoia

Diabloii.Net Member
but you CAN max skellies, you only spend 60~ pts on the synergies, leaving you 50 pts to do your bidding, easily getting 20 in mastery and 20 in skel

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Cheetor said:
Poison nova is not actualy a killing spel, it is just an support spell, it takes life from the all monsters so the minions or party members can kill them faster, I just use it to help my minions.
Since you canot max skelyes because you already maxed Pnova and synergies, just spend 1 skills into revives, and let +skills do the rest. Five revives are enough I gues.
With the right gear, poison nova is one of the deadliest attacks in the game. Untwinked, however, that is a good way to look at it.

quasar

Diabloii.Net Member
Did you guys find what was wrong with his character?

My untwinked PvM summoner is at level 24 right now, but I'm still wavering between poison and bone.

Could bone be better for untwinked players as compared to poison? I always thought it was the other way round till I hit this thread.

Which way should I go? I'm dirt poor :)

Thanks.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
quasar said:
Could bone be better for untwinked players as compared to poison? I always thought it was the other way round till I hit this thread.

Which way should I go? I'm dirt poor :)

Thanks.
I don't suggest poison then, unless your a hybrid. If so, weigh heavily on summons and use poison as your "secondary" attack.

Cheetor

Diabloii.Net Member
Things with Venom/Sumonner are simple:

Poison branch requires 60 skills, you are left with 40 to invest in skels.

I am curently building an V/S myself but I am going to spend only 50 skills in poison branch (should be enough I hope) and the extra 10 :
one each in Amp, Weaken, I maiden, Decr, C golem, B golem, I golem,
S resists, mages, Revive, .

So with +3 skills I curently have:
5 skels, 5 revives, one IG, might Merc, level 4 amp, and a decent (but not great) P nova.

At level 45 I rulle everything in nightmare...(I kill faster than with any of my other caracters).

With bone branch even simpler : bone branch to be efective requires 100 skills, so no golem, no skels ,no revives, no curses...

you are goig to be a little on your own, with no minions. maybe jus the merc
I tryed building a boner but I got bored at about level 30.