Psnmancer questions

Beneathnoise

Diabloii.Net Member
Psnmancer questions

hey.

Working on my first psnmancer, (i'm currently realm down, so this is from memory)

I'm a level 81 mancer

20 PD
20 PE
20 PN
1 in all pre-reqs to LR
1 in bone armor
1 in SM
1 in pre-reqs to SR
And rest in RS.

My eq is:
Shako
Enigma
3 piece trang (glove/belt/shield)
28 Maras
Bk ring and Nagelring

Weapon set #1
2/46 dweb with a 5/5 facet
Trang shield with 5/5 psn facet

Weapon Set#2
AOKL
Homun

I have 5 psn gcs.

My nova damage is high 6k.
I can summon (and keep) 9 skellies

My merc is level 50something might merc.
w/ Guilliames face, Woestave and shaftstop

Now, my question is.. well, I"M NOT KILLING ANYTHING IN HELL.

lol.

It takes everything quite a long time to die.. I was doing baal runs, and i wasn't the main damager. some sorc with CL and L was.

And in a chaos run i dropped into, i had to have help from a level 55 CS Zon to kill some of the tougher baddies.

Now, as before, my question is, is this normal? What am i missing here?

I know i'm missing infinity for the permanent -resis. and i suppose i could toss in a bramble (tho the jury is still out) A 4 faceted Armor seems a bit wasteful, as well.

i DO love my psnmancer, and for lower level areas, he's more than adequate. But i heard he was pwnage, and i spent almost everything i had to gain the items required. So, what am i missing?

And, no, i have not tried a hell cow game yet. i'll do that after realm down is over (another 12 hours)

Any advice, or commiseration, or "yer just a newb, you suck" is welcomed.

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Get more damage. That means 3 more skillers, and a Bramble. Also, I hope you cast Lower Resists before spamming Poison Nova? By the way, you should be killing helluva fast with that gear, so I'll add a "yer a newb" comment.

Rzymian_Lg

Diabloii.Net Member
I noted such thing too - i was making each char (i love playing necro)
With full trang (max poison 3 skills) and inventory full of Skillers - in hand Hoto . I can handle ( in act 1 ). Maby someone who kills fast with his psnmancer could show his set ? (btw i cannot affort Bramble :()

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't get it. With a setup like that, enemies should be dying in droves. How many players in the game?

Toxis

Diabloii.Net Member
long as you got a decent LR curse.. and you spam the nova you should be fine. with your set up and skills i cant understand why you would be having a problem. you are casting Lower Resist on EVERYTHING right? then your summons should keep them off long enough for you do kill kill kill :thumbsup:

- Toxis

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Trade the nagel for a Soj?...

erm..I really don't know...as mentioned before, with that setup, you shouldn't be having no problems....unless you're expecting enemies to drop WHEN you cast it....remember poison does take a couple seconds to "hurt"...
Seriously don't understand...Are you casting any curse after Lower Resists? or someone else? If that happens the curse is overriden...

Beneathnoise

Diabloii.Net Member
No, just lr. Should i be putting hard pts into LR? or just letting +skills do it? currently it's taking 60% off, i believe

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Beneathnoise said:
No, just lr. Should i be putting hard pts into LR? or just letting +skills do it? currently it's taking 60% off, i believe
Once you get it to lvl 10 after +skills theres no good reason to invest hardpoints into it further.

Beneathnoise said:
A 4 faceted Armor seems a bit wasteful, as well.
It increases your damage more than a 50% bramble.

Beneathnoise

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
Once you get it to lvl 10 after +skills theres no good reason to invest hardpoints into it further.

It increases your damage more than a 50% bramble.
I know that, bro, but you lose everything else the bramble gives. The thorn damage, and various stats. And thanks, MM. i thought conviction DID lower psn resistance. There goes that theory.. I could still use it to help out my skellies tho, right?

NC, i showed my mancer to Gix, and he said i should show it to you, cause he was surprised by how inefficient it was. In Act 4, River of flame, it would take me 3 Poison Novas (with LR) to kill an Urdar.

For the comparably expensive eq, my summoner tore through River of flame.

Just not sure what i'm doing wrong.. i'm sure it's on my end somehow.

Anybody else who wants to take a look, i'm useast *beneathsilence

I'm usually online, but not usually active (perming, camping an ip for dclone, etc)

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Beneathnoise said:
I know that, bro, but you lose everything else the bramble gives. The thorn damage, and various stats. And thanks, MM. i thought conviction DID lower psn resistance. There goes that theory.. I could still use it to help out my skellies tho, right?

NC, i showed my mancer to Gix, and he said i should show it to you, cause he was surprised by how inefficient it was. In Act 4, River of flame, it would take me 3 Poison Novas (with LR) to kill an Urdar.

For the comparably expensive eq, my summoner tore through River of flame.

Just not sure what i'm doing wrong.. i'm sure it's on my end somehow.

Anybody else who wants to take a look, i'm useast *beneathsilence

I'm usually online, but not usually active (perming, camping an ip for dclone, etc)
I'll be on later tonight, right now i'm pumping out stats for me guide.

The only thing I'll disagree with you as far as 4 facets go, is to shop a nice jewelers armor of the whale, stability, ect. to cancel out the absense of mods.

AphexB

Diabloii.Net Member
My lvl 79 psnmancer does about 9.6k (im at work, thus this is from memory) psn dmg without my pure dmg gear.

My most used gear is as follows:

Necro circ with +2/20 fcr/life/res,

Perfect roll dusk enigma,

2 x sojs,

29 maras,

3 piece Trang with a -5/+5 die psn facet in the shield,

P Deaths Web with a -5/+5 die psn facet,

Marrow walks/+2 XD,

and on switch I have cta and 32% spirit.

I can averagly cast lr run around spamming pn maybe 2-3 times and by the time im done with that, clear a half screen of monsters in the causway thing to the chaos sanctuary. One thing I noticed is that with so much minus to res, if a monster actually gets negative resists the psn effect at least appears to last longer than 2 seconds. I thought this build would be much more effective as well. Good for norm and nm cows XD

Still a char able to solo the game with a decent merc and summons. But at least my build is terrible for pvp, cause of the fcr which is very lacking and the delay on poison nova. But if I hit someone with max res it normally gets them down to 1 life. But thats a pretty big "if".

A very funny thing is how my psn facets do more damage than I do XD

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Beneathnoise said:
And thanks, MM. i thought conviction DID lower psn resistance. There goes that theory.. I could still use it to help out my skellies tho, right?
Most definitely. The -% Enemy defense helps your skeletons hit far more often.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
I'll be on later tonight, right now i'm pumping out stats for me guide.

The only thing I'll disagree with you as far as 4 facets go, is to shop a nice jewelers armor of the whale, stability, ect. to cancel out the absense of mods.
Don't people pay in Ist runes by the dozen for those things? It's gotta be harder than shopping for a +3 BS wand for White.

MrNuby

Diabloii.Net Member
Is it worth spending 4 5/5 psn facets in an Ancient Armor? Or should I wait for a light one?

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that would be a waste. Most necros can equip any of the light elite armors (which aren't that hard to find once you get to Hell) with standard gear on and those get a lot more Def.

Beneathnoise

Diabloii.Net Member
Aphex, i think that's my issue.. our eq isn't THAT different skillwise (you have more neg psn resist, and one more skil pt), but you do 3k more damage than i do.

If i did 9k damage, i would be more content.