Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Psnmancer or Summonmancer for PvM?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by bohooho, Sep 7, 2006.

1. bohooho

bohooho IncGamers Member

Psnmancer or Summonmancer for PvM?

Which one is better for Hell PvM runs? I'm making it for mostly rushing and farming normal quality items. Any sugguestions to which one is more fun? I have a Lightning sorc btw, she's doing pretty well in Hell PvM.

2. GandalfTheGhey

GandalfTheGhey IncGamers Member

You can almost have it both ways.

Just do this:

20 skele mastery
    20 skeletons
    20 poison dagger or poison explosion
    20 poison nova
    1 in everything else

Then get the usual +skill gear and you should have killer skeletons and a pretty nasty poison nova.

Personally though I am playing a full summoner ( max mastery, skeles, mages ) and I think its much more fun because of the larger army.

3. garion

garion IncGamers Member

or

20 pnova
    20 pdagger
    20 pexplosion
    20 skeles
    10 mastery
    1 revives (this will give you tons of guys..10-16 with gear)
    1 amp
    1 decrep
    1 terror (works great on other chars with summons)
    1 bone armor
    1 clay golem
    1 golem mastery
    1 summon res
    1 mages (should give you 5-8 with gear)

granted you won't be streamlined for PvP...but you can do PvM with ease also

4. Cope

Cope IncGamers Member

That works well, but I don't see any mention of a point in Lower Resist. Distributing your points that way means your Poison Nova is going to be the majority of your damage, so using Lower Resist is very beneficial.

5. xix sephra

xix sephra IncGamers Member

go summoner route if your poor.. poison to be fast just takes way to much wealth...

6. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Actually...not really.

While a death's web is the best weapon for a venomancer build...it isn't needed to be effective in hell. I use a AoKL with full trang's set and do hell just fine without a death's web.

Most people assume that you need a +2 +2 death web to be a effective venomancer in hell...which is far from the truth. It's just as easy with even a crappy +1 +2 version as it would with the +2 +2...and would be many HR's cheaper to do...I've seen them sold on west ladder for pul-um in the trade channel.

Also...there is not real pressing need for a bramble armor for that matter.

So a pvm venomancer really isn't that costly to make...it just depends if the person wants to go with the rune word way of making one or the trang's set way.

HoS

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Nice build...almost the way I make mine.

Since I'm a venomancer...and kill just fine in hell with PN and most immunes are taken care of with LR or my waheed merc...I don't use mages or revives.

And depending on if I started as summoner when making my hybrid...I went the way you did with max skeletons and only 1 point into mastery to start. Since it is so much easier to level to 24 as a summoner than it is as a venomancer using PD to start.

Although I have done it the other way...and went poison first over summons just to see how big of a difference it is leveling that way compared to having skeletons do the work for you...then after getting the poison skills and curses done I've had to decide if skeletons or a rustbucket is the way I wanted to go with.

I find that I kill faster than my skeletons in hell and really use them because I like the horde feel...and how sometimes they do act as a buffer of sorts to keep other monster off me while I use PN.

HoS