Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Psn/bone hybrid

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by stymie, May 18, 2008.

1. stymie

stymie IncGamers Member

Psn/bone hybrid

I found a couple posts on this----but are there any guides on this type of necro? Is it even viable? I have a buttload of pnb gcs just wondered if these and other great gear is even enuff to make it a good build?

2. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

Re: Psn/bone hybrid

Well, alot of poison necros could be poison/bone hybrids if they went the route of maxing the poison skills, then putting as much in bone wall and prison as possible (1 pt in teeth, armor, spear, spirit). PvP poison necros often use the bone skills to finish off their victims. Your bone skills won't be strong (probably around 1K for spear/spirit and low XXXs for teeth) but in PvP you just need them to take 1 hit point. In PvM though, I don't know. Those bone skills would be so low AND your poison would do so much damage that I doubt you would ever use the bone skills.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

There are one or two, but they rely on the, now fixed, Marrowwalk bug. At this point in time you just couldn't make one with decent poison and bone skills.

4. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Easy, max nova and synergies with 1 point in lower resist+prereqs and 1 in clay golem. Rest go into other summoning skills and CE. I prefer 1 in each summon except possibly fire golem then rest in CE, skellies aren't really good without 20/20 skele/mastery which you'll never actually have. Not to mention poison nova takes 2 seconds to do its damage which is plenty of time for CEing once LR is applied.

Gear is trangoul's shield+belt+gloves, the -poison resist wand (or a +3 P&B +3 poison nova wand from a vendor) and if you're using duped runes then bramble runeword. Rest of the gear should be as much +poison and bone skills and +skills as possible, possible with faster cast rate in slots it doesn't cost you +skills (and +3 P&B > +2 all skills). And get good resists because poison nova isn't exacly firing at monsters from 2 screens away (don't get me wrong, it's good radius, but you *will* get hit).

Just don't expect to use any bone spells with this. If you want bone spells you need to pretty much not put points in anything except 1 in clay golem and 1 in amp damage (for merc/party) and rest in bone spear/spirit, teeth and bone wall/prison. Bone spells can deal more damage/sec to a single target or to lined up targets but loses by far when it comes to damage/sec/monster which is what really matters (most of the time).