Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PS3 out tomorrow

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MedctnStn, Nov 16, 2006.

1. MedctnStn

MedctnStn Diabloii.Net Member

PS3 out tomorrow

since this beast comes out tomorrow, i was wondering who here is actually gonna dish out $400 for one? as of now i probably won't, until i either get one for christmas, or go to florida and check the thrift stores down there.

i'm just wondering, cuz i was at the local Best Buy store here, and saw about seven different tents each full of people waiting for tomorrow morning. i went in and found out that they have all been there since yesterday morning. that's either loads of dedication for the console, or they just have no jobs, school, family, etc.

2. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

Not that it's any better, but I only see prices of $499 and $599. Still seems outrageous to me.

3. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul Diabloii.Net Member

Money (for me anyways) is not an issue...its the freezing temperatures for many, many hours thats the problem. if they wanna freeze half to death to get a hold of it then kudos to them. I'm very happy with waiting a couple of months when the demand has lessened.

And its $599 and $699 here...

4. Merick

Merick Diabloii.Net Member

So not worth it. I might get one when it's 4 years old. The games will be just as fun too!

5. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

I don't know anybody dumb enough to buy the POS3

6. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

That's what I do with all consoles.

7. Module88

Module88 Diabloii.Net Member

My suite went to wait in line on Thursday, but by Thursday night, they were back. "What happened"?

"Gangbangers, mob, rush, owned." :laugh:

8. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

if i really wanted one id wait a wall-mart, ther open 24 hrs a day
    instead of standing out in the cold

9. bg1256

bg1256 Diabloii.Net Member

Too much money. Wait two years, get the console and buy two-year old games for 30% of what they originally cost - that's what I'll do if I get one.

I'm leaning toward the Wii, though. I'm not a very serious gamer anymore ,and the Wii might provide enough simple entertainment for me and my future bride down the road.

10. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

If you want one, just wait a few months. They always have a bunch of bugs to fix anyway.

11. Merick

That's a point I forgot to mention. Every early version of the Playstation has been plagued by hardware problems. The Xboxs to some extent too.

12. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

I figure by the time Halo 3 comes out, most of the bugs will be fixed, and the price for a used one will be sub $200.

13. cyclotronic

cyclotronic Diabloii.Net Member

People started camping out 24hours before they are released up here in fairbanks, AK. But that might be due to the fact that theres only like 40 coming to the whole town at this time. Did i mention its -30? Some real troopers.

A friend of mines in line right now, he is planning to resell it on ebay, hopefully make a 1000$ profit.

14. Dondrei

I can't believe consoles have bugs now. What the hell is the point of them? They cost as much as a cheap PC, you can't upgrade them or fix them, if they have bugs you're screwed, their controllers are crappy, except for Nintendo they don't have many games that wouldn't be just as well suited to a PC...

15. Stoutwood

Stoutwood Diabloii.Net Member

If I lived in Alaska I would be camping too. A PS3 would make the winter bearable.

16. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

The point is that developers can fully exploit the hardware. Games can be made smoother and look better, consistently I might add. Plus consoles are a better deal when it comes to multiplayer. To have your friends all play StarCraft you all need computers, copies of the game, and the networking stuff. Consoles you just need 1 copy and a few controllers.

Plus some games just fit the TV better, how many sports games are on the PC?

It is a different experience and leads to better quality games.

17. Merick

I'm not too sure about the others, but I know Nintendo will fix your system for free for some period of time. The others have some kind of warranty that I don't remember much about.

18. Dondrei

Heh, my backside. When they convert console games to the PC the graphics quality always goes up (unless it's an absolutely terrible conversion). Consoles are never more powerful than PCs, they may be competitive (at that price range anyway) when they are first released but they are quickly left behind.

As for splitscreen, the PC outgrew that years ago. The reason they don't have that feature is that there's no demand for it.

I do agree, I don't know about sports games (I don't play them but I think the PC has a long history of them) but some games just don't feel right on a PC. But most of the big-name Xbox and PS games would be just as much at home on a PC - if not more.

Well, that's nice of them I suppose.

19. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

The graphics go up because they convert them like 6 years after the fact. If you think that today's GPUs can compete with the PS3 you are nuts. Consoles do yield higher graphics, this slowed down when computers got better monitors, now that TVs have better resolutions(HDTV) consoles are kicking computer ***.

Split screen on the PC doesn't work, sharing a keyboard/mouse is impossible. There is no demand for it because anyone who thinks about it realizes that.

20. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle Diabloii.Net Member

This was bound to happen, even if there wasn't a limited number of PS3s being released to the public. But the fact that there IS a number cap of them going to each store, I don't envy the kids working at Best Buy or whatever tomorrow. My friend recently got a job at Best Buy and is so happy that he won't have to see the mob at the store tomorrow. But he'll have to be there on the Wii release...
    I've never been too much of a PS fan, so I wouldn't wait in line for a couple days to get it. Like you guys, if I were to buy it I would wait like, 2 years for all the bugs to get fixed, wait for more games to come out and for the price to go down.
    I'm looking forward to the Wii though, but I'll be waiting a bit before buying that too.