Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ps2 Wireless Controller/Keyboard for FFXI

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dakkon, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Dakkon

Dakkon IncGamers Member

Ps2 Wireless Controller/Keyboard for FFXI

I am getting Final Fantasy 11 for Ps2 soon and I dont want to have wires hanging all over. I was thinking of getting a wireless Controller and Keyboard for this game. I have never had a wireless accessory for any gaming system before so I dont know much about how well they do. I have heard that they are not very reliable, but that was the last time I checked, many years ago. Has wireless equipment been improved or is it still doing bad. I spent half the day looking at diffrent sites reviews of wireless keyboards and controllers, some claimed a few were good, but once in awhile they talk about reaction time being slow, and that the batteries and charging times are crazy. Basically Im looking for peoples opinions that have used these things latley. And will there be a problem if I have a wireless keyboard by the wireless controller, or mabe if its by a cordless phone, will it interupt anything. Also, if there is any specific controllers/keyboards you would like to reccomend(wireless or not) i would apreciate the advise.

thanks so much

2. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

To make a very long story short.

Every wireless PS2 controller I have tried blows.

If you feel the need to get one, avoid Mad Catz, and don't be cheap get the high end one...It is actually the best.

Never use wireless when fast reaction times are needed...Soul Caliber 2...*grrrr*

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I believe they have one called albatross, sposed to be average

the wavebird is supposed to be a really good one for GC, but one of the analog sticks crapped out on me, I hjaven't bothered getting a wireless controller for ps2, figure it isn't worth the grief

4. l33tM@pp0r

[email protected] IncGamers Member

all wireless controllers for all systems, except the wavebird for GC, are generic and are made by some funky companies. The Wavebird is made by nintendo therefore it is ok to buy, but then sony doesnt make wireless keyboards or controllers so u'll just have to buy some zip ties for the wires in the mean time :)

5. ASTRALdragon

ASTRALdragon IncGamers Member

i don't buy anything not licensed by the original manufacturer. i've had 2 bad experiences with third party stuff and i don't plan on a 3rd. first time was those super nintendo turbo/slow replay controllers, which bugged out on me and just straight up died after 2 months. the second time was with those 360 block memory cards for the psx (standard psx memory card holds 15 blocks). the thing keeps deleting itself like once every month or somethin. then i found out why sony and nintendo don't license those types of things: 1) they won't make as much money off of them, and 2) the items don't pass standard regulations and procedures all other licensed items do (in other words, they're the suckiest of the sucks). so do yourself a favor and stay away from 3rd party stuff. just spend the extra $$$ and save yourself lots of time and anguish (not kool when you lose a perfect save of final fantasy 7 and tactics).