Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Protection vs hammerdins?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by bioshocker, Jul 14, 2010.

1. bioshocker

bioshocker Banned

Protection vs hammerdins?

Ok, i always seem to get slapped by almost any hdin on east, and i mean i got decent gear on my din, 5k life with no oak charges, pcomb lifers,etc.But i tend to run into others hammerfields.So i use a eternity 3bh, 2 conc scepter to revives some magic immune wailing beasts in act 3.But gaydins wait it out ,revives expire and call me nooby for revives.I tried using what other hdins do ,merc+oak charges, but they always die. And neither wolves nor the %magic reduce crafted shields work, is there any other protection, i can get besides revives , because they always wait it out on me.Any ideas are appreciated.

2. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Re: Protection vs hammerdins?

You call them gaydins, yet you use one.... You BM and still get killed and find it a surprise they call you n00b or whatever they use these days.

There is no true protection for magic damage - gm wise especially not, and BM wise your minion stacking is obviously failing.

Have you ever given thought that instead of protection you should be looking at a more offensive strat (hint hint hint)?

3. ancalagon

ancalagon IncGamers Member

merc, revives, wolves?!? All BM. Even had to resort to safety shields? I lol'd. Oak is gm on euro Nl where I duel, dunno bout your realm if its not the same. Try duel private games with gm rules, and practice practice practice. HvH can be tricky and is ultimately dependant on player skill, since damage and hp is always in the same range,

4. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

bioshocker... I always find your threads amusing.... makes me wonder if you are a troll or not... Btw if this is not a troll thread, you seriously need to rethink about pvping...

5. bioshocker

bioshocker Banned

Look pal, i am not trolling, i was just asking for some advice, it seems you are the one who is trying to flame me, i just dont got the skill or the 24/7 time to play d2, so i unless you got any real suggestions, please stay off this thread.

ancalagon Re: Protection vs hammerdins?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------(sorry idk how you do those weird quote stuff)
    merc, revives, wolves?!? All BM.
    Apparently using your brain isnt GM either, its called i am strategic not BM.

6. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

If you're going to mention strategy, the most obvious thing is you're not thinking with it. BM or not, you fail because the people who beat you know better than to fall for your simple trick.

Instead of protection, you need to focus on offense as you won't find solid defense against magic damage - all major pvp magic attacks are too damaging to make integer damage protection ineffective and as people have shown you firsthand, all you have to do is wait out revives.

Since they finally made magic immunes immune to hammers, it wasn't till the last patch till you strategy would even make sense. The only strategy worthwhile is to look how you can either prevent the hammer spam or get inside while not getting hit by hammers - of course, that's assuming you can avoid the telestomp death in the first place.

7. bioshocker

bioshocker Banned

No,Wailing Beasts in Kurast temples where always immune and couldnt die since they are animal,but the hdins are really annoying with their invisible out of nowhere stuff/hammers and 3-screen away smites with grief pbs. Blizzard should remove these desynch hacks and the stack fails somehow,i get pushed out. How do they find you/smite/charge in a whole mess of revives? Dont they got to kill off the stack first?Thats just plain hacking,IMO

8. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

Desynch isn't a hack...

9. elationtheory

elationtheory IncGamers Member

they'rr hdins. you're a hdin. why are you complaining about desync? it's not like you can't do the same thing.

very ironic as well that you call your bm revives, summons, and merc 'strategy' (not very strategic if they don't work anyway), but you call desync a 'hack'.

what double standards.

and no they don't have to kill off your minion stack first to hit you. they can sift through the minion stack and target you. if minion stacks had to be cleared first, everyone would be playing a wind druid.

10. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

If the minion moves or the opponent has a NL, then it'll hit you. If it's just a telestomp w/o NL, it'll mostly hit minions and only a slim chance of hitting you.

EDIT: AoE will hit either way (like a FB).

11. ancalagon

ancalagon IncGamers Member

There's no need to be hostile. Its BM on all realms afaik, kind of things you would use in pub games (are you dueling HvH in pubs?) but even if it were GM and you still lose with all this stuff, then perhaps you should think of a different strategy / offense?

12. bioshocker

bioshocker Banned

Hey, look my personal troll is back, arbing, and i am not being hostile, i am just saying the truth, and i was asking for a strategy, but so far no strateggy besides everyone telling me to be offensive hvh, so i guess ill try doing that.Thank you kind people for help.

13. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

No protection just keep your distance while you can.