Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Prospero - SC Patriarch Fanatic Zealot

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Tiffany, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Tiffany

Tiffany IncGamers Member

Prospero - SC Patriarch Fanatic Zealot

Prospero, a level 84 Fanatic Zealot, joins my other three characters having finished single play. He was fairly well twinked, in that he wore the Chains of Honor made by another character and the merc wielded a Doom made from runes collected by a bunch of other characters (some of whom, like the fishymancer, are almost finished and basically collecting runes and items).

There isn't really anything very special about him.

Final Stats:

260 Vitality
    140 Dexterity
    15 Energy
    169 Strength

Skills:

Zeal 23
    Fanat 25
    Sacrifice 23
    Holy Shield 23
    Points in Redemption and Meditation

Weapons:

CTA - Scourge
    Crescent Moon - Phase Blade

Armor - CoH
    Ring - Carrion Ring
    Shield- Exile/Scourge, Rhyme/Phase Blade
    Boots - Sandstorm Trek
    Ring - Blood Crafted
    Amulet - Rare
    Belt - Blood Crafted

The others were rare or blood crafted items.

Powerful character, fun to play. Time to work on the necro and untwinked pally. I should have twinked with a Raven Frost for times when the Scourge was being used. Those cold casting bone warrior mages were tough.

Baal dropped nothing of use. Neither did Diablo. Rune drops were decent with another Gul from Hell Hellforge and an Um from Nightmare. The Um went into the phase blade that was found in Pit running.

No question that he could have used better equipment and weaponry, but the build is so darn powerful as it is that there wouldn't have been much of a challenge. The Hell Temptresses fell to the Crescent Moon Phase Blade as did Baal himself after a good duration battle.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

Re: Prospero - SC Patriarch Fanatic Zealot

Congrats on the Zealot. One of my favorite characters. Curious choice of weapons, though. Did you use the CTA to melee at all?

3. Tiffany

Tiffany IncGamers Member

Prospero used the CTA scourge as the primary melee weapon and only changed to the Crescent Moon Phase Blade for PI monsters. It was a deliberate decision to see if the weapon and skill combination worked and at Hell/P1 setting it worked admirably.

Part of the reason for it was to see if the fanatic zealot could work with what are perceived by many to be underpowered weapons. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the CTA scourge dispatched monsters, even without crushing blow to help it along.

4. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Pat! I admire your use of runewords as well! As a matter of fact, this is a character that I might well be interested in trying out myself!

I'm a 1.09 n00blicite, but I never have understood why CTA, which looks to me to be a mighty fine melee runeword (Honor on steroids), is never actually used for melee - I actually planned to make one in a Divine Scepter (with +2 Holy Shield staffmod) and try it for melee myself. My CTA and CM will be made in 1.10s, btw. CTA has lower damage in the beta, but an extra skill and the much higher BO range.

How well did the CM PB fare against PI/LIs? Did you consider using a Tiamat's Rebuke paired with it? Did you forgo Conviction completely?

5. Tiffany

Tiffany IncGamers Member

The Crescent Moon Phase Blade did nothing against the PI/LI mobs. Fortunately, there were few of them and for only a couple of times, Prospero went back to town and switched out the CM PB for a Fetid Sprinkler for the CTC decrepify. Other times, he waved as he went by them on his way to somewhere else.

The roll of mobs and immunities in the Throne of Destruction wasn't very difficult overall. I pulled them away from Baal so that my speed wouldn't be diminished and then decrep/melee/CM PB seemed to do the trick.

I don't have a Tiamat's Rebuke or conviction. I had a wand of lower resist, but never tried it out. I really wanted to rely more on melee.