Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Props to Kaz: The results of the Flaming Rabies!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Keaka26, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Props to Kaz: The results of the Flaming Rabies!

I finished building my Flaming Rabies Druid this weekend. Took about 3 days to get my final item equipped (Stormshield). I'd like to note that I didnt get max damage out of the build, but heres what it breaks down to:

Stone Runeword Archon Plate
    Stormshield / 6 Shael Phase Blade
    Mosers Blessed Circle / Plague Bearer
    Aldurs Boots
    15% DR String of Ears
    Rare +2 Shapeshift Ammy with resists
    Carrion Wind
    Ravenfrost / Dwarfstar
    Jalals Mane
    Trang-Ouls Gloves

Points so far:
    20 Rabies
    20 Fire Claws
    20 Firestorm
    10 Lycanthropy
    10 Wolf
    1 Shockwave (good for baal running)

Ive not acquired any shapeshift grand charms yet, so Im lacking there, but I do have an Annihilus and some AR/Life charms.

Results:

Pretty fun PvP character, won more battles than lost. The only character able to consistantly whup on him has been those damn boner necros. I mean, what can I do to them? Grr....

Anywho, I've gotten several comments on the poison as well as attack speed. However, Ive gotten a lot of insults as well. Mostly from people that lose to me. "Poison is dumb" "Rabies is cheap" "Stupid runner" bla bla bla. These comments, oddly enough were coming from people using enigma to teleport, or assasins using Dragon Flight. I had a couple of barbs talk crap about the poison so I meleed them dead with Fireclaws and they shut up. Lol, I even had one of those "cute" assasins with whirlwind take me on...Lets just say she wasnt as godly as she actually said she was, lol. I love the fact that I can actually catch trappers and Zons, thanks to using light armor and increased run speed. Teleporters are a PITA though. Oh yeah, and Conviction/FoH really sucks too.

Damage: 19K Rabies, about 4k fireclaws

Issues: Not enough poison damage, wish I could afford a bramble armor instead of stone. I purposely chose stone and lost some fire damage since I knew poison was more important to my dueling anyways.

Not enough AR, especially in bear form. I find myself missing WAY to much because of low AR. Even using a demon limb for Enchant. I dont even use bear form in PvP anymore because the wolf hits way more often, although he loses 1 FPA with fireclaws.

Questions for the Pros:

Im looking into getting some poison facets, should I pull the 2 pdiamonds out of my Mosers Circle and put 2 poison facets? Or would the lower resistance hurt my game? I planned for 2 poison facets in that shield, a fire facet in my stormshield, and a fire facet in my Jalals mane. How does that sound?

I was thinking about redoing my phase blade, and please let me know your thoughts on this. I never use the bear anymore, even though he is faster. If I use 5 shaels instead of 6, will I still hit 5 FPA with fireclaws in both forms? The wolf cant hit 4 either way, and I dont use bear anymore. Could I make better use of one of my sockets since I dont use the bear? I could drop a fire facet in there for more damage. What do you all think?

Overall, I had a blast with this build, has its drawbacks since its very gear based. Plus the archon plate I used was VERY poor (415 defense. Lowest possible is 410. A 500 Def on would have given me a lot more defense).

Thanks in advance!

Keaka

2. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

evidently I had a long and formulated reply, but the rpgforums had a dns error after I hit the post button.... I'll rewrite my reply later... (3 paragraphs *&^#!&%[email protected])

3. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

I feel your pain. Happens to me all the time.

4. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

thanks for the awesome post!

i will be replying sometime soon, i think i will be adding a "what the testers had to say about the build" section :p

ok, now to redirect this thread to my thread. :p

5. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

ok, now that I'm at home, this is what I have to say:

-like another thread, I recommended a 4 shael phase blade with 2 ias/ar jewels, for maximum speed and attack rating (which you need over damage firstly, well at least against those pallys and barbs with 30k defense O_O) my own phase blade is 135 ar and 110% ias
    -stone armor is great damage adder to fireclaws for the synergy, and its cheap too! (relatively) I also use it, until I get bramble, I am only a sur rune away from it :\ (self found ohm)
    -when dueling bone mancers or poisonmancers I tend to fill my inventory up with more faster run/walk charms, it helps alot, and if they do trap you eventually, use fireclaws on the bone walls, and also don't forget to infect them with rabies if he's standing next to the bone wall :)
    -for your weapon switch to maximize rabies damage I recommend using a 4 socketed poison facet shield, and death's web or a 6 socketed poison facet weapon (both pricey)
    -wolf can only hit 5fpa with a 110% ias phase blade, and bear (I don't know) but wolf is the only one that matters for hybrids
    -if you find yourself needing more AR, and you've already tried everything else (angelic rings, ammy, ravenfrosts, ect) try a cerebus bite for the up to 120% bonus to attack rating, (try to get a +4 shapeshift 100%+ ar one) Myself, I use a +4/103% one socketed with a 5/5 poison facet

Don't know what else I forgot to comment on, but nice build...

6. ~Kazama Fury~

thanks for the post! ill be sure to credit you and put that in my updated strat section.. soon...

ill be sure to put the angel ring/ammy combo too

7. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I'll be making a guide soon too... its in word right now... taking awhile

8. ~Kazama Fury~

guide on?

i hope not on this build.

9. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

on the fireclaws/rabies build yes.
    as an alternative to your guide, since I didn't really find your comprehensive enough -_-

10. ~Kazama Fury~

O_O

why the hell would you do such a thing. how about proposing suggestions/advices to improve the guide then you would be evenly credited. so many people have made the build and did not complain on such matters. if they did, there is a thread to help them and the ability to pm me. With the questions answered, i can update my guide and improve it further. its not a good idea to have 2 different guides about the same build, why not have one guide that contains all the information that it needs. if you are doing this, i will view it as you are trying to steal credit/leech off main ideas and "improving" it by changing minor details and take all the credit for yourself.

if you are saying the guide isnt comprehensive enough cause of my grammar and spelling, its just silly to make a new guide cause of it. proudfoot has already edited for me, i was just waiting for the right time to update it. I didnt feel like it was a rush because everyone else seemed satisfied.

11. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

no I just felt like writing a guide, nothing against you..

I don't see why there should only be one

12. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Are you mad because you wont have a "monopoly" on the flaming rabies build anymore? That maybe someone would say thanks to pent instead of Kaz?

Thats just how your post came off...no offense...

13. ~Kazama Fury~

thats what i thought people would say. surprised you said it, but anyways.

no. as you can see, i wrote clearly in that post to avoid such comments, but i guess they'll still come. ill emphasize the: "then you would be evenly credited."

all the other stuff i wrote in that post was also to help pent not "waste time", ive spent hours testing and trying new stuff. think about it, wouldnt you want to be able to view one guide with the most info , as friendly and comprehensive as possible? My guide is a collection of testing/experience, i am just here to gather them in one place for those who want to make such a build have less trouble, thats all.

tell me, if you were to make a guide on this build, how would you write it? i am pretty sure many things would seem and look the same. obviously there will be various alternatives.

now, "monopolize" the flaming rabies build? dude, electricblue has one out. i have nothing against it, i even recommend checking out his guides. so you tell me, am i trying to monopolize? electricblue covers the high end rich side of the flaming rabies build, he has even helped me out for my own build. with 2 guides exploring as much as possible flaming rabies, i dont see why we cant just collect all the work and reduce the number of guides as possible.

but anyways, think whatever you want, i am honestly just here to offer someone an alternative to the other druid builds out there. i could care less if you hated me or thanked me, i just want to help people out.

14. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

kaz u should write up a guide for rabies/fury druids :D so i have 2 guides to leech off of... unless u already have one.. in tat case ill just shut up and watch how the druid forum develops..

15. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

16. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

17. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Wow. :lol:

Oh, and btw Kaz, I said at the end of my post, that that was just my observation, and no offense was intended. Dont take what I said to heart man.