Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Proposed Cube Recipe to Upgrade to Ancient

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by mwille, Mar 8, 2016.

1. mwille

mwille IncGamers Member

I don’t know about anyone else, but there are certain items that I have not found an ancient version of, despite having collected dozens of the normal legendary. I know it’s all RNG and luck, but it can be frustrating getting multiple ancients of items I won’t use, or yet another normal version of something I wish was ancient. So to help fill the gaps of bad RNG luck, here’s a new, & a corresponding revised cube recipe that I would like to see in a future patch.

First, revise the Archive of Tal Rasha recipe (that extracts powers) to allow additional “extractions” for each item and show a counter in the corner of each power to keep track of its “stockpile” (as seen in the picture below).
    [​IMG]
    Then add a new recipe that will “Upgrade Legendary to Ancient” as follows:
    • Legendary Item x3 (guaranteed rolls for only the properties in common on all 3)
    • Forgotten Soul x100
    • Death’s Breath x100
    • Stockpiled Legendary x10 (matches the item above & are consumed in the process)
    Yes, the total material cost would be high, but it’s just so there would be a goal to work towards instead of always getting slapped in the face by the RNG gods.

As an example of how this would work, take the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac that rolls with only 1 random (secondary) property.

Primary
    • Attack Speed Increased by 4.0–5.0%
    • Critical Hit Chance Increased by 4.5–6.0%
    • Reduces cooldown of all skills by 4.0–7.0%.
    • Reduces all resource costs by 5–7%.
    Secondary
    • Ignores Durability Loss
    • Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when you hit with a resource-spending attack.
    • +1 Random Magic Properties
    So, let’s say you’re only interested in the Attack Speed & Reduces cooldown for your particular build and you don’t really care if it has Ignores Durability Loss. You would then enchant away the Critical Hit Chance on one of them, Reduces all resource costs on the second, and Ignores Durability Loss on the third. The new Ancient would then have:

Primary
    • Attack Speed Increased by 4.0–5.0%
    • Reduces cooldown of all skills by 4.0–7.0%.
    Secondary
    • Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when you hit with a resource-spending attack.
    • +4 Random Magic Properties

Similarly, you could guarantee a property (a socket for example) on an ancient by enchanting or finding 3 items with that property.

A simplified alternative to my proposed new recipe would be to just revise the Reforge Legendary recipe to add 10% for each stockpiled item to the chance for it to be ancient (possibly with an extra cost of some sort: 10 Death’s Breath per stockpiled item).

Either way, if they include this kind of feature it would be great if they added a category for set items to be “stockpiled” as well (as depicted by the green button in the lower left of the picture above). They could possibly even include Legendaries that don’t have a special power to the list as well.

Attached Files: