Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Project white - put your suggestion here

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Jun 2, 2005.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Project white - put your suggestion here

Objective:

To find the godly 1337 total pwnage necro weapon of the galaxy - +3 raise skelly +3 skelly mastery bone wand.

Plan:

Start a HC assassin, skip as much as possible, kill andy and get to A2 @ lvl13.

Use my HC fishy to gold find for her, and starting none stop shopping unless the objective achieved.

Any suggestion?

Edit: n00b spelling mistake

2. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

I dunno if the ilvl of that wand u would shop is high enough so that the wand can actually get 2 sockets.

3. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It will be - all wands can get 2 sockets regardless of ilvl, except Wand, Burnt Wand, and Yew Wand types (which are capped at 1 socket - hence why a Bone Wand is wanted here :) )

The only suggestion I can offer is pick up any grey wands your Necro sees along the way just in case... finding specific staffmods, at specific levels, with specific socket quantities, is rather tricky.

Good luck!

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Another trick is to pick up all low quality wands you see and use the el/eld recipes to turn them to normal with an ilvl=1. This will allow the 2 staffmods you need and you can do it with any character. If you need the runes for it run countess :)

After that use the cube recipe for socketing to get a 5/6 chance of two sockets, or use your socket quest for 2 sockets.

Best I have seen thus far was a +2 raise, +1 mastery.

5. Lucky_Seven

Lucky_Seven IncGamers Member

*edit - Uzziah echo...

6. DeathMaster

One more question (already started my first rushing, so far so good), is it possible to have +3/+3/+3 skills on wand? too much wishful thinking or it is technical possible but just impossible to find.

7. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

I've already tried to do something like this, but the wrong way - I don't knew that wands and yew wands are capped to 1 socket! So, this n00b buyed wands from Akara until get some with pretty good mods: +3 RS, +2 SM, +3 Bone Armor and when tried to use the socket recipe, discovered the socket cap... I wish the best luck to you, this is a good idea.

8. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Looks like you did everything right, DM. I also have one such character: BoneWandShopper the level 13 sorceress...

It isn´t easy to shop a good wand for White. Every town visit, Drognan will offer about 2-5 Bone Wands. First, you will dismiss all magical ones.
    Then, dismiss all 1-socketed ones (which is 1/6 of the non-magical wands)

Next, it will have to get any +skills at all. I don´t know the odds of this, but I know that many of the wands won´t have any +skills.

If you get this far and have a non-magical, unsocketed (or 2-socketed) Bone Wand with skills, here are the odds (copied from some other post):

"The +X bonus to each skill is set by a RND[100] (this will give a range of values from 0 to 99) and if the item is an imbue it will add ilvl/2 (drop fractions).
    If 90 or above, +3
    Between 60 and 89: +2
    Lower than 60: +1

The total skills on the item will have been set by a RND[100] and if an imbue add ilvl to that random number.
    If 91 or above: 3 skills
    Between 71 and 90: 2 skills
    70 or lower: 1 skill"

So a shopped wand that gets skills will only have 0.9% chance of getting three +3 skills! They do exist, I´ve seen a couple.

Also remember, at the level you are shopping, there will only be a 30% chance that a certain skill will be a 'level 1 skill'. 50% of the skills you´ll see will be 'level 6 skills', and 20% will be 'level 12 skills')

9. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

A question, what would make this wand so 1337 ?
    (Or for what purpose?)

Randall

10. DeathMaster

About to get andy, need a break and continue this weekend. hopefully she will be fine.

@Randall: the best runeword for bone/summon necromance, which most b.netter doesn't know yet. They are too busy to make Beast, BoTD ...

White
    Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
    +10 To Vitality
    +3 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
    +3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
    +2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
    +4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
    Magic Damage Reduced By 4
    20% Faster Cast Rate

+13 To Mana

11. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

It's for a bone/summoner, why not a +3 BSpear wand. Summons are not really a problem and each point more in BS gets you more damage.

I've recently shopped a +2 BSpear, +3 CE (for my SPL char) which is nice as well.

Randall

12. DeathMaster

Well, consider the summon part mainly, you will not get a very strong bonemancer anyway, even going the cheesy way. So it is a lot better to beef up summon. It is primary for replacing arm of king leoric which can be sucidal in HC.

A good White is better than Arm, either skill wise or stat wise.

13. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

I'm also looking for a l33t wand, and using Uzziah's strategy.
    I now collect those broken/low quality wands and hope the fix/re-roll by cube will give me a nice plain wand.
    This made me realize how rare broken/low quality wands are now that you actually want them... and I thought they were junk.

Good luck whichever way you take to get that wand! :thumbsup:

--maxgerin

14. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

You are right, a good white is better than arm of king leoric. But mostly for the bone part of your necro. Something like Carin Shard could help you for the summoner part very good allready.

You can get around 3000 damage with BSpear if you like (going cheesy and have good twink gear) which is not to bad in my opinion.

Randall

15. TheWormishOne

TheWormishOne IncGamers Member

I don't have access to him right now, but I'm quite certain my Bonemancer does 3000, and without exploiting the charged item/synergy-bug (if that's what you mean by "cheesy".) He doesn't have any summons or curses, though, so I'm not sure he really counts in this context.

Edit: And he does so love his +3 BS White. :clap:

16. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

@TheWormishOne:

In my case it's a hybrid with gear has a lvl 28 RS/SM, a lvl 21 CE and still does 3000 BSpear damage. (EDIT: And has a nice tele ammy)

Randall

17. LORD NIKON

LORD NIKON IncGamers Member

Does Drognan sell Bone Wands if your character is level 11 ? It seems it would be better (less possible skills spawning?)

18. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Nope. Bone Wands have qlvl 18 so you need to be at least clvl 13 to see them. Level 13 also happens to be the highest level you can have if you want the base tier to be level 6 skills.

19. TheWormishOne

TheWormishOne IncGamers Member

Oh my! Would that be with or without the aforementioned cheese? If you're cheeseless, then I've been ripped off. I'm sure my BS slevel is close to 40 by now.

Or I'm not remembering the correct ammount of damage.

It's very nice of you to not make fun of the fact that I wrote 3000k, BTW.

20. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

It's with marrowwalk offcourse. I think I have a BS level of 36.

My actuall damage now is around 2800, it was 3000 with a Mara's instead of the tele ammy I use now.