[PROGRESS] Garandel, Fury/Fireclaws Wolf

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
[PROGRESS] Garandel, Fury/Fireclaws Wolf

Back in a Tuesdaily, I mentioned that my Fury Fireclaws Wolf had made it to NM HF...

Well, he's back in business :thumbsup:

Current equipment includes Up'd Ribbie, 'Gloom' Wyrmhide, The Cat's Eye, Ravenfrost, Laying of Hands, Rare +35 Life/+AR/Res All +10% Ring, Gore Rider, String of Ears, and Jalal's...

He just entered Hell Act II at Lvl 71. In the sewers searching for Radament... Res are 55Fire/5/5/5, but the elemental dmg stings if I don't have my Oak Sage... I need to get my Res up, if not, I will have PLENTY of trouble with the Beetles and Scarabs... I don't have any Shimmering SCs, so I'll have to Um my Jalal's or find another way...

Merc is using an Obedience Thresher, Rare Faithful/+Life/+LRes Armor, and a Visionary Helm (+Bonus to AR)... He needs upgrades, but will have to wait for now :laugh:

Current Strategy is using Fury as main attack (it's fast, I love it :grin:, 5fr IIRC, might be 6, I really can't remember...), utilizing Fireclaws as a PI back up...

Skill Placement --> 1 Werewolf, 20 Lycanthropy, 20 Fury, 20 Fireclaws, working on synergies to Fireclaws now...

Will post at Hell Meph.

Aerwynd

TheFaceless

Diabloii.Net Member
How good does Fire Claws seem to be so far? Is it pretty much only for dealing with PI's or could it be used as a viable end game killing skill?

Pee Ess- how much fire dmg does Fire Claws add for you right now?

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
A maxed fireclaw with a couple of synergies can put out a healthy 3000 - odd fire damage per attack. The damage really gets insane when you get some +skills, and some -X% enemy fire resistance.

>>Aerwynd. I have a 'Shimmering Jewel of Spirit' (+10 resist all, 6 to life) you can have. I have no real use for it.

Edit: I also have an Um rune... but she's my friend. *Strokes Um rune lovingly*

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
Fireclaws is doing roughly 2400-2500 right now... That's 20 in Fireclaws and 20 in Firestorm (I made a mistake with my Skill placement above; I'm working on maxing Lycanthropy now - This way I can stay shifted longer and have more life)...

Fireclaws is definitely viable for endgame, especially FULLY maxed from synergies... BUT... You need something for FIs...

@neumein --> ONLY if you don't have a need for it, you can send it to me... [email protected], but if you think you are going to use it or trade it, by all means, keep it...

I really suggest this build to everyone... It's really fun and can't wait until he's Pat'd...

Aerwynd

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
It's really fun and can't wait until he's Pat'd...
My wolf likes it when I pat him too. Bad Joke :badteeth:

I have no use for it whatsoever. It dropped yesterday, just before my restart. Will send shortly.

EDIT: check your inbox, you may find something waiting for you.

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
@Neumein --> Got the jewel :thumbsup: You did get your ribbie back right? Post that you did/didn't and I will delete/resend it.

Thx,
Aerwynd...

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
I got it, thanks.

EDIT: and you're welcome. No problems. Generosity is it's own reward

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
Finished Act II and Up to the Gidbinn in Act II last night... Twas a long night...

But, I'm glad I did, because Garandel has defeated Hell Meph tonight... Nothing great dropped, best was a Bverrit Keep :unimpressed:

Taking a break and doing some Pindle Runs... Will finish (hopefully) Act IV by tomorrow...

The only problem I'm having is really not enough defense... What would really help is a nice one handed weapon (Crescent Moon comes to mind for Static Field) and Stormshield... But I would lose a LOT of IAS and hit with a slower frame rate... I have a low end SoE, a 15% one would be nice...

Can't wait to get past the OK and their stupid IM... I don't think Diablo will pose a threat as I plan on loading a bunch of LRes Charms on before I face him :thumbsup:

Will update after Diablo...

Aerwynd

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, good luck to ya. That jewel will come in handy fighting the big D, I'm sure. I think CelciusXII has a 15% DR string of ears laying around. I'll get him on messenger, and pester him there.

And yes, the feeling of being cursed with Iron Maiden, ignoring it, and slapping things silly is very satisfying. My Berzerker barbarian was awesome. Get IM'd, chuckle evilly to myself, and go on a killing spree. Awesome.

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
noob question: can u send items to other single players? if so, how? someone sent a jewel to someone?
Look around for a program called ATMA V. There's a sticky thread here, it allows you to create 'mules' and 'stashes' to hold the loot you find in D2. Then, you can trade with other people, by swapping item files. Hopefully you know what I'm on about.

SeasonForAssault

Diabloii.Net Member
yes i got ATMA a while ago. Is it the D2S file u send to others? Or do you just create a mule with the items you are sending and send the whole mule.

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
And yes, the feeling of being cursed with Iron Maiden, ignoring it, and slapping things silly is very satisfying. My Berzerker barbarian was awesome. Get IM'd, chuckle evilly to myself, and go on a killing spree. Awesome.
This just gave me an idea... Neumein, YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!! :brainiac:

I will make a 'Passion' RW for the +1 to Berserk and run throughout Chaos Sanctuary grinning from ear to ear.

Thx Neumein :thumbsup:

*Runs off to make 'Passion'*

Be right back!!!

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
Good thing I didn't make 'Passion'... Yes, the Berserk would be nice for IM wielding OKs, but Fireclaws will do just fine.

I'm going to use a 6xShael PB to get a 4frame Fireclaws (IIRC)... It might be a 5frame FC...

Fireclaws will do just fine, and it sticks to the build without using different equipment...

So, when I get to Chaos Sanctuary, the plan will be to knock out the OKs first with FC, then go to town if IM is active, get rid of it, go back and Fury everything to death... Rinse and Repeat until Big D is dead...

Aerwynd

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
HF dropped an Um... Not bad... Always useful...

The Chaos Sanctuary went over well... I always killed the OKs first... IM wasn't an issue, I just switched to my 6xShael PB and Fireclawed them... Then when the IM wore off (because of going back to town to revive the merc who doesn't know what IM is :rolleyes:), switch to Fury and take out the rest...

The Venom Lord Pack was a bit tricky, had to go to town, then pull them to me 1 or 2 at a time... Lord De Seis wasn't that difficult, I killed him first, then his minions... And the Stalker pack (the Ghost ones) are always easy... Hit the seals and kill the Unique Boss :thumbsup: EVERYONE disappears...

Then comes Diablo, "I WILL DESTROY YOU, blah blah blah" Yeah, ok... So I go up to him, and he smacks me around a bit (again, MORE defense or some DR% would have helped... So I retreated and went at it a different way... I went in, whacked him with Fireclaws 2-3 times and ran away... 2-3 times and run away... Rinse and repeat until dead... Had to recast the Oak Sage a few times, but hey, what's hitting a shortcut key and right clicking?

His drop was pitiful, not worth mentioning, so I talked to Tyrael (who has lost his armor and wants me to find it :badteeth:) and went on to Act V.

Got through to Shenk and finished the "save the barbs" quest... Currently working at the Crystalline Passage WP awaiting to save Anya...

Garandel WILL be Pat'd tomorrow... I have the day off and will work on him ALL day if needed to Pat him...

Be prepared for a Patriarch Garandel thread... Should be around Lvl 82, not sure yet... pending on if I just want to rush it and go /p1 or up the /pX setting to get more XP to get more skill pts to put in synergies for Fireclaws...

I will post the Pat thread in here for quick reference...

Wish me luck :thumbsup:

Aerwynd

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
Garandel has saved Anya (yet another useless rare pelt)...

The Gloams in The Frozen River WERE NOT fun... Garandel him self was ok, but the Oak Sage and Merc... Bah... Who in their right mind would sit there and keep taking bolts of lightning in the chest/back???

So, I'm near out of gold, but that is easily found... Still have the game up and in Arreat Summit ready to fight the Ancients... My strategy will be to try and draw 1 at a time into a corner and Fire Claw them to death and move on to the next one... For those who are FI, Fury them...

So... Just the Ancients and WSK to go :thumbsup:

Should be finished within the next couple of hrs...

Will post when Baal is dead :laugh:

Aerwynd

Deaddave

Diabloii.Net Member
good luck.:thumbsup:

if you want your merc to kill gloams, equip him ga and black horns face turns him into a total gloam hunter