Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Profiles don't dissapear with character deletion?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Christopher Sin, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

Profiles don't dissapear with character deletion?

Just an interesting thing I found out, it might be known to everyone already.

I made a certain character to share with friends, while shoving all the character rules I could into her profile. This character died in HC while rushing. :( I deleted her for a bit, and went to vent. I came back and remade her again. Couple days later I started rushing her, but died again during an enchant rush. No big deal, deleted her and remade her again.

Finally this character is on her way to completion, but I forgot about how much time I spent on her profile. I thought "Oh boy I got to write all that stuff over again.." Turns out her profile is still intact! How does Battle.net deal with purging accounts? I don't know, but I find it interesting. :clap:

2. NeoStar

NeoStar IncGamers Member

What do you mean Profile? Your profile in the battle.net chat rooms are the same for each character on an account -- its not different for each character, its your account's profile.

If you login with Starcraft on your Diablo II account your profile is the same as if you login to Diablo II on the 3rd character on your account.

Or am I misunderstanding? :p

-Neo

3. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Profile is for your account, not specific chars.

4. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

D'oh. You are right, heh. I haven't touched profiles for so long until now, I thought they were for each charatcer, bleh I remembered things the wrong way.

That's what sleep deprivation does to you I guess. :grrr: :bonk: *puts on the n00blar hat*