Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Procring Man

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by royalesse, Feb 27, 2004.

1. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Procring Man

I remember awhile ago someone mentioned that they made a Zealot that had a bunch of X% to chance to cast YYYY. I was wondering how fun was it? and what equipment did you use?

THnx

2. Andy225

Andy225 IncGamers Member

I don't recall that, but a friend of mine had a weapon of some sort with 6 various rainbow facets. He socketed all his stuff and had TONS Of them all over his body. He'd use it on his decrep necro in pubby duels and purposely die next to them after he casted decrep! it was a riot

3. royalesse

lol... there was talk of a terrorist build on another thread. Tell your friend to make an enchantress and put the facets on a merc. It should workwell since Enchantresses can level up mercs pretty quickly with Enchant and Static. Also, you can teleport next to them and run the other way. Of course if you want to keep the gag inexpensive then you may want to keep your merc at a low lvl.

I'm kind of a schmuck so I suggest the Act 2 prayer merc for the commedic stereotype.

And still... that's not what I was looking for (but thanks anyways). There's a bunch of XX chance to cast while Striking. From what I figured you can put a weapon, an ammy, rings, and gloves with different items on them and stick them on a Zealot or a Dtalon Sin and have all these things go off while you're wailing on someone.

I remembered someone made a zealot like that and I was just wondering what they used? I'll probably do it on a Assasin but I wanted to find out how it was on the Pally.

4. PoiznKilz

PoiznKilz IncGamers Member

Royal, I was the guy that proposed that build. That's so funny that you asked, because I was just gathering stuff to remake him for 1.10.

Basically my plan was to find a lot of stuff that had Chance to Cast upon being struck.. So to take advantage of being hit constantly, I maxed thorns and put more than usual in redemption for the life. Back in 1.09 my "fireworks pally" made it midway through hell before I took a long hiatus from the game, and just lastnight I thought of trying again. Someone in the druid forum of amazon basin made a post about a very similar werebear build that utilized spirit of barbs.. (BLEH!) Here is a link:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=32107

You want to stack up on CTC static upon being struck to help your thorns out. One question I have been pondering is if the Demon Limb gives you life back for monsters killing themselves on your aura, esp. on converted friends. I have also been trying to figure out what my main attack should be.. Any ideas?

5. jd20pod

jd20pod IncGamers Member

I have a low 70's zealot that just kind of evolved into what you described. I started with a few (chance to cast items) and just kept adding them until he ended up with this equip.:

Lightsaber
    tiamuts
    atmas scarab
    delirium helm
    draculs
    snowclash
    and infernostride boots

So more or less every time he hits something or something hits him some spell is cast. the real problem he has is the curses canceling themselves out so you can't effectively keep monsters cursed with what you want (but you do curse almost everything :lol: )

He is very fun to play but not all that effective

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Not supposed to link to AB.

7. royalesse

Actually I was thinking of going the otherway where the fireworks would go off if I hit something. But for your build use the rune word Exile and Smite. I'd combine it with Stormlash and you should have static, tornado's, and Life tap going off all over the place. Although life leech doesn't work with Smite supposedly life tap does and that should keep your life orb full. I guess if you get some damage goes to mana items then you won't have to worry about your mana either... lol.

Personally, I always liked Convert with thorns but that will probably prevent you from being hit which won't set off your gadgets. There is a problem with smite though... if you use holy shield then your defense goes through the roof... ergo... no more being hit... if you don't use it then your damage drops and you will have a hard time leeching with smite.

Lastly unfortunately life leech doesn't work with thorns otherwise you'd see me with a 6 socketed phase with all Amns in it for 42% life leech.

(Thorns might work with life tap but I don't know for sure)

O well... let me know how it goes.

P.S. Jp20pod: I bet if you switch that lightsabre for Stormlash he'd wail

8. jd20pod

jd20pod IncGamers Member

thanks royalesse.

All I have to do is find one now :lol:

9. Billweed

Billweed Banned

I have a old FlashBarb and the thing is to get the max effects you need to use gear with all 3 mod's % chance to cast on attack (most frequent trigger), % chance to cast on strikeing (less cause you have to hit), and % chance to cast when Hit (depends on Def and % to hit of the mob on you) all of this works better if you combine them as after 1 chance goes off it seems to trigger the others more often IMHO. They really freak people out because they cant figure out whos casting all the spells!