Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Problems with Fury

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Turbocannon, May 22, 2015.

1. Turbocannon

Turbocannon IncGamers Member

Hello everyone,

I'm making a Rabies/Fury-based wolf druid for the fun of it and he's proceeding quite nicely - Rabies is powerful indeed, at least up to Nightmare where I am right now, we'll see about Hell - but I'm finding Fury quite strange. He uses it to take on monsters when Rabies just isn't enough, but it seems to work in a very wonky way. I know that there is supposed to be a bug where if the first attack misses in the sequence, so do all the rest. However, that's not the only thing. Sometimes, it seems that Fury strikes quite rapidly, at other times the 5 strikes are executed quite a lot slower. In addition, despite the fact that Rabies' attack rating is not that much higher than Fury's, Fury seems to miss strangely quite a lot while Rabies doesn't miss all that much - it still does, but the difference is noticeable.

I've tried reading up on this and I did see some others complaining about other multi-attack skills, but their problems didn't seem to be the same as mine. Does anyone know what's up with Fury, and whether there are any special considerations I need to be aware of to use it efficiently? Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. Username is not in use

Username is not in use IncGamers Member

i just take a guess and say if you hit, you attack faster, thats at least the way feral rage works

3. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

I had a similar experience with my Fury wolf. I discovered that Fury (unlike Zeal) is interruptible. That means if you get hit mid-Fury, it interrupts the sequence, and you have to start over. Which makes it appear like your character is stuttering or swinging slowly. Once you get enough HP (around 3000) regular hits stop interrupting your wolf, and he becomes a steamroller of doom. He can still be slowed by cold damage of course, but a Raven Frost fixes that.

4. Zylo

Zylo IncGamers Member

Yeah, why blizz chose to not make fury a non-interruptible attack is beyond me. Droods just can't catch a break in this game.

5. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

Another reason why getting a range adder weapon is so important for Fury wolves, especially when dueling.

SunsetVista likes this.
  6. Turbocannon

Turbocannon IncGamers Member

Interesting. That explains why the problem was progressively worse with more enemies around my Druid. Cheers!

7. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

You just reminded me I have a 3os Tomb Reaver in the stash.