Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

problems running D1

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Alram, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Alram

Alram IncGamers Member

problems running D1

I just got D1 and started playing it for the 1st time. Before I enter the dungeon the graphics are fine, but in the dungeon I can barely make out an item on the floor or monsters in a room or doors. Ifiddled with the gamma and brightness settings and tried both 16 bit and 256 color settings, but nothing helps. Do I have to live with it or is there some fix for the problem? Any general non spoiler tips to gameplay are also appreciated. I am most eager to play.
    Would 1 of the patches help? Which 1?

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

In Diablo I there's no easy way to see the small items on the floor, you just have to listen to the sounds of the items dropping and scroll through the floor to find that item, especially "dings" meaning rings and amulets can sometimes be a pain the rear end to find.

If you have the Hellfire addon, you can make the items border's "glow" for ease of visibility. Also IIRC there's a zoom function in the Z button which eases the finding of items.

Good luck :)

3. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Yeah, Borlag is right--finding items lying on the floor in D1 was a right royal pain in the nethers, so there's nothing wrong with your game, just your eyesight (or at least, there WILL be something wrong with it by the time you've tried to locate the 47th ring!).

4. Bahamut

Bahamut IncGamers Member

And I just wish that Diabo had a No-CD patch... I can't bear the torture it does to my CD-ROM... :)

5. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Actually it has...just do a google search :)