Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

problems dueling bone ncro

Discussion in 'PvP' started by mainaman, Sep 20, 2006.

1. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

problems dueling bone ncro

i use bvc
    he has 152 fhr/125 fcr no block
    basically what happens is he doesnt get affected by my leap and i cant really nl him
    iwas thinking delayed nl might work , or using grifon for 63 fcr bp.
    Any suggestions how to duel him?
    oh yeah he dont use ibs and he is not hyper defensive, he is just really hard to catch...

2. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

yeah with that fhr (smart nec build) he is immune to leap completly it will have virtually no affect, the only way i think is a delayed namelock also maybe if u can raise the fcr upto 63% fcr bp may help ur tele response time etc as sometimes with delayed namelock u need to tank a hit in order to get the namelock and pull it off at the right time.

3. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

Wait are you using a widowmaker?

4. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

Hey :D

Try to use long, desynching whirls every so often. Namelock at the end, sometimes you can catch him by surprise mid-whirl or at the end (he'll see you still ww'ing even as you begin the tele animation)

5. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

Try 63%
    Use Unsummon NLs
    Play near walls/houses to give yourself a shield against random spirits
    Namelock
    Namelock
    Stop leaping so much

Leap, get an unsummon NL, wait a little bit, tele and triwhirl

Edit: Make sure your triwhirls are tight. Sloppy triwhirls = nec dodging and spearing you. Also, if you keep constant pressure, he can't always maintain a cloud of spirits to scare you from triwhirling him.

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Exactly. Leap is pointless against such high fhr. Ehh Griffs.. hmm that saves you 2 rings and a ammy slot.. I suppose it might be worth to sacrifice it, depends on your setup I guess.

Widow helps vs. all fast casters.

Delay tele is probably the best way to go.

7. conor rocks

Oh ya what charms are you using because poison charms are good with widowmaker or if no poison charms or enchant just use it to take out bone armour.

8. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Not needed. Open Wounds does that way better, as it affects the life directly. Getting poison charms is useless if you can use Grief's Venom and Trang Gloves for example.

Also, you could try using a Guillaume's Face: It's got CB that affects your duels greatly (as it seems he has no DR%). Unless of course the problems lie in catching the necro.

In that case, you should try NOT to be overly offensive, as he can abuse that to his own plans (such as luring you to a spirit string).

As for Widowmaker, I think this kind of a guy would use Bonewalls sometimes so Widowmaker is useless. However I've had quite a few necros forced to make Bonewalls because of "OMFG WIDOWMAKER WILL KILL ME LOL"-attitude.

9. conor rocks

But doesn't open wounds only do a certain amount of damage while with poison it can do a lot of damage?

10. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Poison can be reduced greatly. Open Wounds not.

Open wounds does 500ish damage over 8 seconds.
    Poison does 500 damage over 11 seconds vs. someone with ONLY 75% PR.

Now, which ends up being over over a second?
    542/8 = 67.75
    493/11 = 44.81

OW wins.

The only useful Poison damage is Venom, as it's over 0.4 seconds (~1 triwhirl).

11. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

I disagree with the guillaume's; c/b gets an additional pvp penalty I believe, so on what's usually a low-life character it's not really worth it :eek:. But you are correct about playing too offensively being dangerous; when I played a nec, offensive bvcs that just keep going at you are MUCH more easily defeated than bvcs that bide their time, move in and try one attack then move off before spray gets them.

Open wounds can do massive damage

12. conor rocks

Yea but doesn't it do it like over 8 seconds so wouldn't it also be go have other damage with it also?

13. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

No. Duels between skillful and well equiped necromancers and bvcs usually last long enough for OW to have an effect on the necromancer. Since the chances of a bvc getting in a hit is low, he'll want to bleed the necromancer as much as possible while trying not to run into an IBS.

14. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

Ultra defensive necs = difficulty to land constant hits = forces you to stack OW

15. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

CB does 10% damage to the life of the opponent in PvP. Only reduced by DR%. This guy is a non-block boner so the CB will do 10% damage, which is a LOT. With 3k life, that's 300 additional damage.

16. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

CB and OW get halved when applied through a ranged attack like GA. AFAIK Bone Armor also absorbs CB, so CB ends up being pretty useless because the necro will just recast Bone Armor.

17. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Yes, they get halved. As for CB, it's -life%. Bone Armor is absorb damage units, not +life%, even though it effectively adds durability.

18. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

CB is -%life, but it's still physical damage and thus still gets absorbed by Bone Armor.

19. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

And wtf does -life% have to do with physical damage? With that logic, OW should be reduced by dr%? It still helps quite a bit when there's no bone armor (which btw is after 1 hit). As it adds 15% deadly strike and some CB, which turns out to be ~17% added damage compared to 4.6% from Arreat's.

20. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

wrong
    cb is not affected by bonearmor - maybe you should go test before spreading useless misinformation.
    bone armor is 'absorbs' direct physical damage, cb is not direct physical damage its more of a %life modifier even if affected by %dr.