Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Problem

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by koeraokse, Mar 21, 2005.

1. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

Problem

Hello, I have a big problem, I can't play diablo very well, I got this error, it usually comes in baalruns or even when I was playing alone it came, so I can play max about 5 mins and then this error comes and I have to start game again.. :(

error looks like this:

D2 loader error

HALT
    Expression: Error decompressing sprite-possible corruption in data file:ipTRlitDThth

this is the error, maybe its from some program, my friend put on my comp, he sayd, that then I can play Diablo without using the right CD.. :(

Waiting for answers *priit

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

get rid of the maphack....if you are caught running it by blizzard they can ban your cd key and accounts....do a little reading there is a thread started at least once per week on how to run diablo without a cd...also this site is legit.....you risk being banned by using MH or any hack or bot for that matter

3. GIR

GIR Banned

Get rid of the D2 Loader and you won't have that problem.

But let's face it, you won't get banned from these Forums for using MH or other programs. Over in Community someone just admitted freely to using Pickit and other hacks, and he certainly hasn't been banned.

4. superdave

GIR...don't you remember the post very similar to this one last week i am sure you even posted in it....bet you won't be able to find the post or the guy who started it....one guy in the community forum post was banned finally for offering a hack i believe....i give the other doofus one more post before he is gone.

do not flaunt your MH or bot in the east trade forum you WILL be banned...take a look
    http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=330347

koeraokse....you have been around long enough to know the risks....if you want to run in windows mode sans cd you can easily do this without d2loader

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

6. koeraokse

Last night I copied some files from my cd and I got diablo working without using cd or that loader thing, my friend put that into my comp, but I dont know how do get rid of it? should I re-install Diablo?

Edit: and btw superdave I dont use bot, I have never used it, this loader wasn't my fault so I dont see that it would be so big violation for banning me, I didnt say something like:"that's good, wow use it or smth" I think hacks sux, because of that I havent played diablo for a month and my mules have expired, I h8 hacks for now on.. :mad:

*priit

7. GIR

GIR Banned

Banned for offering a hack, yes. For admitting, or even posting screenshots of you using them... not very often... those people are usually banned for something else non-related. Some of the people who use them are the people that write guides.

I suppose my point was it's inconsistent. I've said it a few times... the policy of being a hack user needs to be clear and enforced by all the mods, not just ones in the trade forums. Either it's if you use hacks, you get banned... or just don't offer/tell where to get hacks, but you're free to use them. That policy here really does need some clarification.

8. koeraokse

M'kay ppl could you please stop arguing about this banning stuff, I made this thread to get help, only guy who has helped me until now is Orphan, thanks to you.. oh I have messed with that link u gave me soo long that I am just sooo tired, again it seems that I did something wrong... btw they say that: Install the latest patch from http://www.blizzard.com/patches/. but all patches there are for USA or australia, what should I do? I forgot to reboot and that stuff, do I still have to do that?

*priit

9. superdave

gir..i agree 100%

10. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

See # 5 here rules . That should explain it.

11. GIR

GIR Banned

It's clear to the point that asking/telling where/how to get hacks isn't allowed. But what about forum members who admit to, or post screenshots of themselves, using hacks? That's what hasn't been clear, as far as I've seen it. Sometimes, like earlier when Gornskie banned someone for using Pickit, they get banned, which is all well and good, but there have been other times where it's been overlooked by the Mods.

So, what is the stance of the board Mods and Admins on hack use? Exactly how much of a cheat and hack free community are we? There's two schools of thought in this, I believe. The first, is that if you're caught using a hack of any kind, either through admission, or it shows up in a screenshot of your character that you took, then you're banned. Or, there's the one where as long as you're not asking/telling where/how to get hacks or cheats, if you choose to use them, it's don't ask, don't tell. That's what needs to be cleared up, as there's been instances of both that I've seen over my time here. Trade Forums are rather unforgiving about hack use, but I think there needs to be a clear consistently enforced board wide policy on this.

12. superdave

yes some would think so....there are many users of this site whose first language is not english......even the english majors among us look at that and half say the use of mh gets you banned...the other half look at it and say ok the first 3 sentences define what it is and that the creators of the site don't use mh....it goes on to say that you can't 1)ask for help making a hack 2)ask for a link to a hack 3) provide a link to a hack....it also says that the morality of using hacks can be discussed.....you also cannot trade items on the forum if you used a hack or bot to get them

so my understanding is...you will be banned for using mh only if you hawk your wares in the trade forums....xircon regularly bans mh merchants on east forum....he does not ban pvp members who discuss mhing oppenents gear before and after fights

i am just rambling here and i apologize to koeraokse for airing this in his thread...the bump should help him keep his thread on top.....i guess what i was hoping for...and others too i am sure is just a clarification of the rule....it would cut down on alot of spats caused by misunderstanding....if all mhers are banned...say so in simple english..."if you use mh you will be banned" if only those trading on the forums are banned then "only those mh users who trade on the forum will be banned"

koeraokse....if you have done a complete reinstall....which is what i would do....the patch should download automatically when you try to connect....remember to run a good virus scan after uninstalling diablo and deleting the loader...there is always a chance when using a 3rd party program that a keylogger or trojan may have been attached....accounts get stolen regularly

13. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

As far as I know, when it lists "Australia" or "USA", it's just listing the location of the server that is storing the patch. This just allows you to pick a server that would be closest to you, and therefore have a better chance of downloading it at a decent speed.

Another place to get patches (and some of the older ones :)), is through Blizzards ftp site at http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC (you can just open it in your browser). At the time of this posting, though, it seems to be full, so I'd probably just give it abit of time if you want to get it from there.

If you followed the instructions on the page I linked to you, and it said to reboot, I would imagine you probably should have, as it would have had to re-initialise the computers new settings. A common solution to this problem, though, is to simply re-install the game, and copy off the D2Data.mpq (from the D2 Classic Install disc), and the D2Char.mpq (from the play disc) to your installation directory. Just make sure that you take both files off "Read-only".

Note: I'd just like to say, that after checking out my patch directory, I just realised I have D2Patch_102.exe (700KB), D2Patch_103.exe (900KB), D2Patch_105.exe (2.6MB) and D2Patch_106.exe (2.5MB), for D2 classic :D I'm actually suprised I still have those, having formatted my computer about 5 times in the last 5 years....

14. koeraokse

Okay, I when I get back home in the evening I will, uninstall my diablo again, make sure theres no loader in my comp any more, reboot, and do it all again, but do I really have to download something? when I am trying to play in net it automaticly downloads that patch, and if I get this working can I copy some files from cd or do something that I could play diablo without cd too?
    hmm or I should worry about that when I have got it working, k thanks for your help everybody.. :thumbsup:

*priit

15. Elly

Elly Administrator

If you use mh but don't use any of our services to trade we'll not ban on that basis. If you use any other cheat you'll not be banned. If it doesn't affect us here we're not too concerned about it but that's a grey area because it's hard for everyone to agree what could affect us here, thankfully not everyone has to agree:)

16. superdave

yes you will have to download the patch...once you have it working and you still want to play without a cd check out this post http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=330138

elly...thx for the clarification....its your sandbox...your rules.

17. koeraokse

18. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Yea, it really doesn't matter. Any one of them would be fine. If the one you pick doesn't work (pretty rare), just try the next one. I usually go with the second one from the top (the ftp one), because alot of the other links have advertisements and what-not. Some of them aren't even a direct link to the patch.

19. koeraokse

oh just great! My CD-ROM just died, in the middle of installing...now I have to wait until tomorrow, ohhh! its like I am cursed or smth.. :(

*priit

20. GIR

GIR Banned

Thanks for a clarification on that policy Elly. It's been a topic of discussion at various points in the past, but I don't think there's been a definitive answer given to it until now. [That I've seen, anyway.]

Just for my own curiousity, I'm not starting or trying to start a debate over this at all or anything, but why aren't all hack users [where there's substantial proof that the use hacks, that is... not just someone accusing another] banned? I'm guessing because a lot of them are valuable members of the community regardless?