Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Problem with Strength Investment for MF Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by offline5555, Mar 25, 2004.

1. offline5555

offline5555 IncGamers Member

Problem with Strength Investment for MF Sorc

I have a problem with how much strength to put in for my MF sorc. All the sticky guides say "strength necessary for gear". Well... does that mean i need 156 strength to wear a monarch for a possible 4 ist shield? I am a very poor player that will has little to no equipment by the way... i just started the new patch recently. Should I still go up to 156 strength? or save it for vitality and have less mf? The thing is... is it even worth investing so much?
    what are some other ideal goals of strength i need to base to? enough for frostburn? skullder? tal's armor?

If i dont go for the monarch road i can save at least 80 stat points, which is 160 life... i dont know what to do.. someone help me plz

EDIT: I am a base dex all out vita mf sorc :buddies:

2. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

First of all, before you have those 4 Ist runes for that shield you will have to play for quite some time. In this perios you will eventually find some nice items, perhaps even very good items.

As for MF, Tal's arour is for me the best. It has somewhat less MF then Skullders, but makes it up for the extra resistances it has. Combine it with the belt and the amulet and even Skullder's + MF belt + MF amu can hardly top it.
    And of course the extra MF from a 4 Ist shield is always nice. More is alwas better in terms of your chance to get Uniques and stuff. But you need to check on the other props of your gear too. Some say get the strength and eventually wear Stormshield, others say get an other shield.

As for the Vita vs Dex on a sorc, I always recommend enough dex for 75% block (on a good block shield which has more then 70'ish % listed block). Sorcs get a very poor deal on Vita points and you can save a lot of points when you can get your hands on some Vita sc's. Dex is harder to substitute, in most cases it effectively quadruples your life. You of course need *enough* life to sustain a hit, but you do not have to be able to sustain a hammering like you would when going non-block.

And for the strength part, try to get an Annihilus charm somewhere which will help you reach that strength requirement more easy. Also Wartravelers are quite nice for their +10 to strength.

3. kiljoy001

kiljoy001 IncGamers Member

You could of course forego the whole shield sillyness and use a staff... My sorc has over 800hp, with a stash filled with hp charms & the stat points put into block poured in to vitality...
    In any case up to you.

4. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

its all about what you planing to wear.
    For example:
    If you going to wear stormsheild(with -15%req *** or hel rune) you must atleast have arround 123 since you be wearing wt which will give u 10 to str.

If you not going to wear ss then just pump it to 95 to wear allt he gear (skullder,wt etcetc.....)

5. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

I'd go for 105 str or so to wear tals armour.
    I'd go 75 dex for wizardspike
    I'd forget the Max block since I use a Rhyme shield for MF, Lidless for faster teleporting.
    I pumped my vit and now I have 1050 life, which keeps me a live. My merc take all the hits, so I don't have to worry about max block much.

I might try a max block Sorc soon so I won't have a bias opinion.

6. moi

moi IncGamers Member

4 ist monarchs are useless, and if you ever want to go SS you can -15% req it, so no, forget about getting 156 str.

7. gabi_ro

gabi_ro IncGamers Member

Tal's armor requires only 84 str, not 105.

8. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

for the max block, i recommend trying to get a good safety craft amulet. Good means close to 10% increased block and some of the following: 2 sorc skills, MF, res all, stat points, life.
    This will considerably reduce the dexterity needed for max block.

9. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

My sorc has 900 life base max block wear storm shield etc... I do not use staff. O-o So to staff guy u can get more life with a shield also...

10. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

U could try the HeadHunter Glory unique shield, 3 socket with tons of resists, and a lot less STR requirements.