Problem with Oak Sage

Stumanchu

Diabloii.Net Member
Problem with Oak Sage

I have a lvl 9 oak sage, and any where in hell the damn thing won't last more than 5 seconds even with a defiance merc. I don't get it, I thought the oak sage got extra abilities like immune to physical sometimes. All I ever see when I look at it with unsummon selected is immune to poison. Is its lvl not high enough?

Stu

Stumanchu said:
I have a lvl 9 oak sage, and any where in hell the damn thing won't last than 5 seconds even with a defiance merc. I don't get it, I thought the oak sage got extra abilities like immune to physical sometimes. All I ever see when I look at it with unsummon selected is immune to poison. Is its lvl not high enough?

Stu
It gets Immune to Poison in all difficulties, Immune to Phyiscal in nightmare only.

Stumanchu

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm an aldurs druid thats why its low. I only wanted it for a slight life boost, but its near worthless.

What about heart of Wolverine?

My Oak Sage is 9 from + to skills, so I can go HoW with out a problem, does HoW last any longer than oak sage or have any better immunities?

Stu

Stumanchu

Diabloii.Net Member
I use aldurs full set, so he is melee/elemental, but he only uses armagedon.

I do around 2200 with maxed out fury and 2 shaels in aldur's rythm. I use some crafted blood glves for CB, and a highlords for deadly strike. I was going to socket the armor and his ss with fire facets when and if I get some.

The oak sage adds around 500 life right now, its not wholly necessary but I thought it was a good idea, but the thing dies so easily!! I am lvl 85 now, I don't plan on putting anymore points into anything except elemental synergies.

Stu

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
i prefer oak over how, but if u ned damage and ar go how, but oak benefits more people in your party

Bob_TheMadCow

Diabloii.Net Member
it's survivability increases quite quickly with extra points in it, I found. I got through normal and NM without my sage (cause it died too quickly) but once I was in hell and had put some extra points into it, it got better very quickly. Each extra point increases its life span more than the last one. Loke with the grizzly's damage, the sage's life goes up exponentionally.

the_leaf

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a lvl 9 oak sage, and any where in hell the damn thing won't last more than 5 seconds even with a defiance merc. I don't get it, I thought the oak sage got extra abilities like immune to physical sometimes. All I ever see when I look at it with unsummon selected is immune to poison. Is its lvl not high enough?
its hard but just try to kill anything that attacks it

proudfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
I would definitely invest some points into it. You might soon find it more beneficial that it now seems.