Problem with iron maiden as summoner

xyzthorakzyx

Diabloii.Net Member
Problem with iron maiden as summoner

I have been playing my necro for a while now and he can kill most things without any problems at all. However, iron maiden casuses big problems, mostly because my act 2 merc dies and partly because my skels also dies.

I know I can remove his weapon but then I might as well pick another merc. I have been thinking about getting an act 1 merc instead. My question is, how do I get cb on that merc and how much longer will it take to kill monsters without the might aura? I am not that rich that I can afford that bow with a fana aura...

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
well Iron Maiden is not that common in the game (only in Act4 Chaos Sanctuary and Act5 Worldstone) so you'll have to bear with it. If you find it too difficult, try using the life tap curse so it negates the IM a bit.

As for your merc, I would say to stick with it. The might aura is very valuable. If you want a rogue merc, that's gonna be pretty hard. As for crushing blow, you would need use the rune with the mod (I think it's Ber rune).

xyzthorakzyx

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, and act 5 worldstone is where I spend 90% of my playing time with that char. SO you are casicly saying that if I want a rogue merc I need that bow runeword with that fana aura, hmm...

richo

Diabloii.Net Member
but then you have to get another RW for youre own char (at least i use beast at my summoner, perhaps a last wish is a option~~), but if you want to train youre merc do at pindle and at cows in hell or nm (depends merc lvl) i almost never use my merc my skelly can easy do solo baal only with a 8 player game i need my merc to power up my skelly and revive, but if you take a act 1 merc and you want to be a good summoner it gonna cost ya somthing more:()

rgzzz
RICHO

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
xyzthorakzyx said:
I know I can remove his weapon but then I might as well pick another merc.
Why? He will still give off his Might aura and you only need to remove it for a short while.

xyzthorakzyx

Diabloii.Net Member
Because I use as many charms that I can't put his weapon in my inventory which means I will have to leave the weapon in my stash.

Even if I removed a few charms, most of the killing comes from the merc itself/CE not the skels, so I prefer a merc without might aura that does damage, compared to a merc with might aura that does no damage.

I am also rather lazy. I want to sit back and watch things die, slowly and easily not babysit my merc and be prepared to remove his weapn. He dies in less than 1 sek (ethereal threseher with obedience) as soon as IM hits him which is a bit too fast for my reflexes.

I wonder if I maybe should try to use lower resist instead of amplify for my mages instead and use a rogue merc instead. At least iron maiden won't be this big of a problem but I guess the overall killing speed will go down. Well, guess I'll have to try it out...