problem with D2

ryanhutson

Diabloii.Net Member
problem with D2

Hey all,

I was hopingo ne of you could help me out with a problem I started experiencing yesterday. For some reason everytime I hit the alt key to see items, my char freezes in place. I cannot move and hold the alt key at the same time. As you can see this is problematic when picking up items and such. It is also bad b/c i tend to hold the alt key when whirling around and have already died once because i forgot I was holding it and was stuck in place. I alrwady did the basics, shut down etc., and I have not made any changes to my comp recently that I can remember that would have brought a chance like this. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Ryan

PS- I was not entirely sure what forum to post in, butas this is a solely SP problem (I ont play on bnet) I figured you guys would know best.

Sidhe

Diabloii.Net Member
Seems like your "stand still" option is on the Alt key. You can check and change this if you go (in game) to: Esc --> Options --> Configure Controls. You can change all your hotkeys there, so that should solve the problem, maybe. Hope this helps. :)

Set the controls to default, that should fix it. If it doesnt, i dont know. reinstalling LOd might help. Or you can just not use the alt key wheny our running.

ryanhutson

Diabloii.Net Member
Sidhe,

That wasnt the problem, but it gave me an idea. I just changed the button that shows items to ctrl. It now works. Thanks. Something must be screwy on my comp with the alt button. Thanks for the replies guys.

Ryan

rsFdii

Diabloii.Net Member
Regarding you're alt key, you could try prying out the key carefully an cleaning the little touch node area. I used to eat a lot at my old computer and my keyboard was dead by the time I was done with it. =]