Problem with D2 LoD Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaan

Diabloii.Net Member
Problem with D2 LoD Install

Well right to the point...

I'm with D2 Classic on my pc but it isn't installed (copy from another PC into a DVD-R and pasted on mine) so i can't install LOD cause it isn't on Windows register... I've seen here on another forum a way to solve this problem for WarCraft 3, so i was thinking if it's a way to solve it for D2 too =x Any1 knows?

Sorry if isn't allowed here on forum, but i've looked up in rules and didn't found anything like these... so if can't have this kind of thread please any admin can delete =D
 

Inokis

Diabloii.Net Member
So you're running DII from a dvd rom thats mounted instead of an installed copy on your pc?
 

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Inokis said:
So you're running DII from a dvd rom thats mounted instead of an installed copy on your pc?
It sounds like he did a straight copy and paste of the installation directory.


I have previously done that with no problem upgrading or running, so i'm not sure what to tell you other than to install it fresh.
 

Inokis

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have the diablo Installer and you are just needing to install LOD, then installing DII Classic shouldn't matter with or without the disks. As long as you have the installer you can install from any drive location and have the ability to upgrade to LOD.

Now if you don't have any disks at all, you might have a hard time getting the game to run, since it does a drive check for a cd. As long as you have the LOD disk you should be fine.

thegiantturtle said:
It sounds like he did a straight copy and paste of the installation directory.


I have previously done that with no problem upgrading or running, so i'm not sure what to tell you other than to install it fresh.
 

Vaan

Diabloii.Net Member
well i guess my post got a bit confuse so i apologize and i'll try to put it better now xD

my HD got some problems and i loose all it, and i don't have anymore the D2 Classic cd's for install it back (only LOD cd i have), so i went to a friend house and burned a dvd with his D2 folder (he didn't had LOD installed, so only classic). So when i came back to my PC i pasted the folder from the DVD into my new HD, but when i tried to install LOD he didn't because he said that i need D2 Classic installed on my pc to install LOD. But i don't have these CD's neither any friend of mine. So i look up net for a way to solve it and found a program for Warcraft III that it "cheats" windows, making a change on system info that makes the game installed even if it was just a copy without CD's. So i wonder if anything like this exist for D2.

Anyways, if no way i can do this "cheat" i'm already downloading the .iso files of the 3 cd's from D2 classic, but well, torrent always sucks so it'll take a bit xD

thks for help guys, hope can help more =D i'm so addicted to my 92 Sorc and can't wait to put her 99 that i'm getting crazy without playing xDD
 

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Vaan said:
well i guess my post got a bit confuse so i apologize and i'll try to put it better now xD

my HD got some problems and i loose all it, and i don't have anymore the D2 Classic cd's for install it back (only LOD cd i have), so i went to a friend house and burned a dvd with his D2 folder (he didn't had LOD installed, so only classic). So when i came back to my PC i pasted the folder from the DVD into my new HD, but when i tried to install LOD he didn't because he said that i need D2 Classic installed on my pc to install LOD. But i don't have these CD's neither any friend of mine. So i look up net for a way to solve it and found a program for Warcraft III that it "cheats" windows, making a change on system info that makes the game installed even if it was just a copy without CD's. So i wonder if anything like this exist for D2.

Anyways, if no way i can do this "cheat" i'm already downloading the .iso files of the 3 cd's from D2 classic, but well, torrent always sucks so it'll take a bit xD

thks for help guys, hope can help more =D i'm so addicted to my 92 Sorc and can't wait to put her 99 that i'm getting crazy without playing xDD
1) If you have the game on your system, it shouldn't matter whether you installed it directly on your system or copied it from elsewhere

2) Copying the game from your friend is illegal and we won't help you with that. Also, doing so used his cd-key, so you both wouldn't be able to be on b.net at the same time.

3) Downloading from bit torrent is also illegal. Enjoy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top