Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Problem with CD

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by IridumKnight, Oct 21, 2006.

1. IridumKnight

IridumKnight IncGamers Member

Problem with CD

I've played D2 in the past, set it aside, and picked it up again. Problem is, I'm having a big problem with my CD. Apparently, it can't be read (to play). It's not the CD Writer/DVD... it reads other things okay. And when the D2 Expansion disc is in the drive, I can look at it, but not play it. When I attempt to play, especially from desktop icons (and particularly from the Runeword Mod shortcut), the CD drive freezes, I get a message that D2 is unable to run, and that I should make sure the CD is in the drive.

I swear I've had this problem before... but I don't know how I resolved it.

I have tried reinstalling the driver, making sure the CD is clean, making sure the CD drive is clean... I don't know what could have possibly changed to make this happen. I've not changed the drivers, installed major programs, removed programs, or done anything else that I can think of.

I don't know what to do... I really want to play again. I'd appreciate any help in this area. My searches aren't turning up much.

Win Xp, if that helps...
    Ir77

2. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

How old is the cd? Do you have any way to test if it works with another d2 disk? (Like bring a friend who has it over and test, or if you have a second copy)