Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Problem Prospering in the Diablo 2 Economy

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by edthemetalhead, Aug 13, 2010.

1. edthemetalhead

edthemetalhead Diabloii.Net Member

Problem Prospering in the Diablo 2 Economy

Hey guys, this is my first thread :jig: So, here's the deal. I just started playing Diablo 2 after a year and the new patch seems to be very different. Prices of items that can be magic found aren't worth as much as they did before. I spend nights and nights of magic finding and doing key runs and I realized that 3 keysets weren't worth a high rune anymore. I need a Lo rune really bad to make fort but it seems impossible to acquire those items. Any item I attempt to trade isn't even worth half of a hr. Can someone please help me out? Once I get a Lo rune, i can start doing ubers and get some wealth by selling torches. I don't have much to offer but please post what you want for the Lo. I play USEast Softcore ladder. Thanks! :wink:

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Re: Problem Prospering in the Diablo 2 Economy

Welcome to the forums, please take a moment to read the forum rules (my signature, the stickied threads in this forum and the general rules linked from the top of every forum.), we have a Trade Value Forum that you can use to determine the value of an item or what you can get for what. We also have a set of TradeForums, so be sure to check them out and use the one that suits you (after reading the trade forum rules)

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

3. edthemetalhead

Oh alright, I hope I do and thanks

4. Black Lotus

Black Lotus Diabloii.Net Member

There is a number of poorman uberrunning guides. Although it depends on what character you're playing, actually ubers are doable with some pgms worth (especially with low mods), and no uber runeword armor is a must.
    After all, I find it fair that 9keys not worth Lo or Ber.

5. edthemetalhead

Do you think i can sell my 39 hoto for a lo and put an occy on my mfer instead? I use a zealer btw

6. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 Diabloii.Net Member

a) :welcome: to the forums

b) you really don't need a Fortitude and/or Grief to do ubers, not by a country mile, so if generating wealth is the idea, spending 2 unneeded Lo runes is far from a good start. There is an absolute dirge (hope this doesn't turn into a wow thing) of how-to-do-ubers-cheap threads in the Pally forum.

c) As you mentioned, most sets/uniques aren't as good as they once were in terms of wealth generation, other solutions are:
    pgem gathering
    jewel gathering
    Rune gathering
    or a combination of the 3 - ie craft packs for example.
    Farming for socketables
    etc etc.

d) on the plus side, as mentioned in c) the uniques etc are all pretty cheap, so your cheap ut char just got even cheaper to make - 2 overkill Lo's aside.

7. edthemetalhead

Hmm how many pgems and jewels do I have to farm to be able to accumulate wealth?

8. Shanksie1337

the more the better, the bigger the bulk, the bigger the profit.
    I also play on Eu, but there a 40 pack of Pame Jewel Ral will get you 6 Ists for example (which is about 66% of an Eu Lo)
    Someone recently sold a 200 pack i think it was for 50 Ists - which works out much better.
    You can also sell pgems in bulks and/or jewels in bulk, but we're venturing into "this thread should be in the trades values forum" territory now :D.

Just have a look at the relevant trade forum and see what ppl are trading for what.

9. edthemetalhead

40 rals can get you 6 ists???? Wooow!!!!! Ans also, what are pame jewels and do I sell 20/20 of each or 40 of each? And btw I already have grief

10. Shanksie1337

40 packs = 40 Ral + 40 Perfect Amethyst + 40 Jewels = 6 Ist (on Eu)

tho as you already have a grief u can't be doing too bad - pity you wasted it on a grief :D.

11. edthemetalhead

haha i got the Lo for the keysets :D im doing key runs now, hoping to get d keys. plus, is there anyone here than will be able to do ubers for me in case i fail?