Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Problem Embedding Youtube Videos

Discussion in 'Site Feedback, Suggestions & Support' started by enginekid, Oct 8, 2010.

1. enginekid

enginekid Diabloii.Net Member

Problem Embedding Youtube Videos

Hello,

When I copy/paste the youtube video embed code into a post here, and put it properly within the youtube tags "[YOUTUBE.][/YOUTUBE.]"

the video does not work, it is just a white filled box.
    i see others posting working youtube vids, so i know it's possible.

I use the latest Chrome browser, and i tried grabbing the embed code using IE8
    and another browser, but they both have this problem.

Anyone know what's causing it? here is an example embed that is white, and the code i used taken from the youtube url.

the code within the tags:

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IITd1WfPVIQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IITd1WfPVIQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

can someone whose youtube posts work, please goto this youtube video and post it, then post the embed code you used, so i can compare the codes and maybe my problem lies in the code it is giving me.

here is the url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IITd1WfPVIQ&feature=sub

thanks!

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Re: Problem Embedding Youtube Videos

You're using the tags incorrectly.

the only thing that should be in the tag is what comes after the = in the link and in links where it has &feature= you only put in whats between the = and the &.

Not the whole link.

Example:

3. enginekid

enginekid Diabloii.Net Member

wow that's great. thanks gorny. by the way, if this " IITd1WfPVIQ ' is all that's needed, then why is the embed code at youtube that huge string of code i posted earlier? it doesn't even work or explain this like you did

4. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

The embedding code is used for a different thing IIRC.

5. butchie

butchie Diabloii.Net Member

The embed code is for use in the HTML and you don't want to allow HTML tags in forums like this because people could abuse it and post all kind of stuff. Hence the

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="760" height="480">