Problem connection to bnet

v1.10

Banned
Problem connection to bnet

Well, i try connect to battle.net (any realm) and it doesnt even establish a connection with the server, it says 'if im using a modem i need to connect to the net before trying to connect to bnet'. Currently using AOL 8.0 dial up, mcAfee personal firewall, and i have all access granted, it only starteddoing it recently, is it a network problem or what?

PikachuMolester2003

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive never used AOL, so Im guessing here, but maybe you need to log onto AOL then alt tab and then launch diablo?

Just for fun, disable the firewall for a bit and see if it can access then, to just narrow down the field as to what is causing it.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
AOL is TEH EVIL!(tm)

Remove AOL, torch your computer to remove any contamination, torch your phoneline, then buy a new computer and get a real ISP.

Then you'll be set to go...Who the heck in their right mind uses dialup anyway.

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
I have AOL broadband, and before that I had the dreaded 56k ***-O-Hell...broadband isnt bad...
I'd look into the firewall, maybe see if anything has been changed lately...if its new, then something musta changed...

ÃÃ¥vÓ§

Diabloii.Net Member
three questions:
a) Can you change your gateway to, EG, Europe, USA, etc?
b) do you have a firewall?
c) has it dialed up before (in which case, what have you changed?) or have you only just started to try and go to B.net (in which case, where do you live?)