Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Probably a stupid question re: Crushing Blow.

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by NateTheBassGuy, Sep 24, 2010.

1. NateTheBassGuy

NateTheBassGuy Diabloii.Net Member

Probably a stupid question re: Crushing Blow.

Is there a specific value that Crushing Blow gets maxed out at, or does it go all the way to 100%?

And if so... wouldn't it be helpful (albeit ridiculously expensive) to perhaps get a 6os PB, socket it with 5 Ber's (for 100% CB) and say a Jah or something (for ITD) and run Ubers that way rather than using a Last Wish + Gores + whatever other forms of CB?

Sure, you wouldn't have any other mods on your weapon, but then you could concentrate on improving the defensive capabilities of your other equipment.

Shot in the dark, I know... but... really, it's just a matter of curiosity to know if it would work on the numerical side.

2. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Probably a stupid question re: Crushing Blow.

It caps at 100%.

That same number of HR's (6) in a Phase Blade can be used to make Last Wish, which has 70% (past more than enough) and many more mods.

Jah's ITD will not work on Ubers (or similar bosses).

LW+Gores is much more effective than just a Ber PB. Even then, that isn't the best solution. LWPB is best only on a Hdin wanting to do UT.

3. MartinLong

MartinLong Diabloii.Net Member

It caps at 95% from what I read. Not like it's not close enough to 100%, but it's just the matter that nothing is 100%. Ie, if you're lvl 1 and you go up to anyone in hell, they still have only a 95% chance to hit you.

I think you could be better off using a combination of gear to total 95% CB so you can have a weapon that contributes more modifiers. My opinion.

4. stephan

stephan Diabloii.Net Member

No its really 100%.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

CB is not capped at all, but more than 100% makes no sense, of course. Sass is right, effectively spoken.

It's the chance to hit which is never beyond 95% (and never below 5%)... only for attacks which undergo the to-hit procedure, of course. Smite, guided arrow, lightning fury etc. always hit, for example.

6. minuses

minuses Diabloii.Net Member

Last wish is a very expensive weapon but I got one on nl on my uber smiter. Nice for ubers but general pvm its decent but not as good as grief. Grief pb hands down wins in pvm but griefz for barb of course.

7. Meanstreak

Meanstreak Diabloii.Net Member

The only stupid question is the one not asked.

BALLS my fiend, BALLS! Conviction!