Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

probably a silly question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by dagee, Mar 27, 2005.

1. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

probably a silly question

I am self rushing a character and am trying to complete the hephasto (don't know the spellin its the act 4 that everyone always does). Everytime the forge guy dies and my rushee tries to pick up the hammer he cannot. I've never had this problem before (but it has been over 8 months since I last played so maybe this is a patch issue). So how do I get him to do hell forge?

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Hmm, I've only heard of that happening if the person who tries to pick up the hammer has already completed the quest. Has the character your trying to grab the hammer with, completed it on that difficulty already?

3. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

no, infact according to my quest log it is still available. I'm able to place the soul stone on the forge but I just cannot pick up the hammer. Ive tried this in nightmare and in hell a bunch of times but with no success.

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

make sure its the rushee that creates the game. if the rusher creates the game, that quest is already done.

5. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

Rushee is definitely creating it. So I'm assuming no one else has had this problem

6. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

This may be a stupid question...but you do have room in your inventory, and you are able to equip it? I don't know the ins and outs of how they are coded, either...

Hmm.

7. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

I have room and I have plenty of strength ( I don't know what the satistics are to enable a char to use the item but I should at the very least be able to grab it my character is walking around with nothing.

8. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

hm... im not sure then. maybe the rushee has to be present when you kill hephisto like in act3 trav with the council members? im not sure.

9. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

From what I remember, I don't think so. When I used to do forge rushes, I used to leave the rushee in town, and go kill Heph, make a TP, rushee comes down, grabs hammer, goes back to town.

Hmm, have you tried dumping the Soulstone, remaking, and grabbing a new one off Cain? It's a longshot...

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Did you rush him in classic ? If yes, you might need a new soulstone (obtained in expansion), but I'm not sure about that. Another possibility might be that your soulstone is from the wrong difficulty level. In either case, try to drop the soulstone you have and create a new game. Either Cain in act 4 or Meph will give you a new one.

11. nobledarkmoon

nobledarkmoon IncGamers Member

No hammer will drop if someone creates a game with that quest already completed.

You can`t pick up the forge hammer, if you got a forge hammer from any difficulty.

You can`t pick up a soulstone if you have one already in your posession from that difficulty or another difficulty, or if you have completed the quest already in that difficulty.

This may be a bug, if you have a soulstone from normal, take it to nightmare for example and the quest is already done, you drop the soulstone on the ground, you will be unable to pick it up. There are other things similar to this in the game, but doubt anyone would bother with it.

from memory, you can`t use a forge hammer or soulstone from another difficulty to get the quest.

as far as i know, things should remain the same from transfering from classic to lod.

12. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

I really have no idea what is going on. The soul stone I have I got from cain right before I ran the quest. Hephisto is dropping the forge and my quest is saying that I need to complete is so no idea.

13. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

This is indeed strange. I rush characters through norm quite frequently, just to get the socket quest, and always do the hellforge to pick up the gems since i'm basically running past it anyway. I have never had an issue, even with a level 1 character picking up the hammer, and no the rushee doen't need to be present when Hephisto is killed. My rusher kills, tps out, rushee goes in, pickes up hammer, smashes and collects.

I can't think of any sort of issue that might cause this. If you happen to be east nonladder, I'd run it with you quick sometime and see what happens. Hope this gets resolved.

~Bails