Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Probably a silly question - Is Atma legal?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Jenarrll, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Jenarrll

Jenarrll IncGamers Member

Probably a silly question - Is Atma legal?

Is ATMA something that can be used on B.Net? Or is it only a single player program?

Also entered a game and the guy who was perming a mule could tell what I had on -- how is this possible? Was able to tell my MF % and how swords were socketed.

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

I think ATMA is the only improvement for Diablo-2 that's allowed here, although I'm not quite sure why they made this exception.

ATMA only works for single player, though.

The other guy was using maphack --- which for the most part isn't liked here, for good reason, even though it adds additional value in addition to the cheating.

3. Jenarrll

Jenarrll IncGamers Member

thanks

Thanks for your help -- I thought he might be using mhack but wasn't sure and thought that I had read that about ATMA.

4. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

Atma was created by a long time forum member, Hakai_no_Tenshi.

5. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

This is probably the reason why its accepted here. If I'm not mistaken.

6. Poke

Poke IncGamers Member

What is ATMA?

7. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

A Tenshi Muling Application, a little program that allows those who play Single Player to move items between their characters, or to and from 'ATMA stashes' (which functions as mules, but are much more user-friendly).

8. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

theres a link for it in the community sticky thread in my signature. You can find the program there.

9. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

It's also very handy for its item drop calculator.

10. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I believe ATMA is allowed because it doesn't create any new in-game functionality beyond what is already available online. Since someone on B.Net has the ability to mule items, ATMA simply creates the same ability in Single Player.

The fact that it does so in a manner that is much more convenient is simply another perk of playing SP, along with the /players x command and the ability to keep favorable map layouts for mf runs.

- Noodle

11. Rehsa

Rehsa IncGamers Member

it's a single player mod - any single player only mods are generally excepted. open battlenet is so corrupt, that there is almost no point. atma is a simple mod for the use in singleplayer. IF by any way it could be used on battlenet, i'm positive it would not be available.

since MH, DIILoader and things can be used on battlenet, they are not available anywhere on this site. while if they ONLY worked in single-player, i'm sure it would be accepted as a tool to help... but the thing is... in single-player, it's easy to know where everything is, it doesn't generate a random map, as i see the whole map and places i've visited. thus the point of MH is wasted in single player.

12. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I disagree strongly, which is fine - we certainly don't have to agree. MH and DIILoader are hacks that allow cheating. ATMA simply lets single players do what all B.Netters can do. I see a BIG difference between the two. Neither do I consider ATMA to be a mod, as it doesn't affect gameplay.

And, even with the ability to use the same map more than once, MH would still provide additional "benefits", such as showing the location of all monsters and their mods.

- Noodle