Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Private CS Runs (what characters?)

Discussion in 'Classic' started by chet, Nov 14, 2006.

1. chet

chet IncGamers Member

Private CS Runs (what characters?)

Me and my friends are going to be doing our own cs runs on classic east ladder. I was just trying to think of the best setup for this. we want to MF and mainly to be able to pwn for fast xp :)
    So far we've got (in the making) a bone necro, lance ww barb, hammerdin, and bowazon.
    another one of my friends will be making a character soon as well, but idk what kind.
    and i havent even started the char for it yet, i could use my blizz sorc but i want to make a new char.

most likely our setup will stay close to what it is though:
    bone necro
    ww barb
    hammerdin
    bowazon
    (undecided)
    (undecided)
    (undecided)
    (undecided)

ty

2. Jezza

Jezza IncGamers Member

3 paladins, 3 sorcs, 1 bo/barb, 1 anything.

enter portal, get bo, each sorc teles to a different seal, each pally goes to a different seal. converge on diablo =)

3. ElDrunko

ElDrunko IncGamers Member

If you can actually organize 8 people to always do private cs runs then I suggest.

Blizzard sorc (teleporting)
    WW barb (bo)
    Hammerdin
    Hammerdin
    Hammerdin
    Hammerdin
    Hammerdin
    Hammerdin

Fastest runs EVAR.

4. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Or, if you actually want people to have some fun, you could add a healer(with a solid level of meditation). That will allow the casters to keep casting without having to keep their mana in check. And to keep people alive. I think it'll add to the group becomming more of a group while playing rather then repeditive coordinated strikes.
    After all, 3 groups doing different seals is only interesting for level 92 and above. Until you get there, I suggest sticking together and killing anything in your path.
    In fact, you should probably walk to CS. Takes a bit more time, but you will get more XP over time when you are below level 92.
    Doing CS's by splitting up also brings realm down closer. With a little more time spent per CS, your cooldown period is a lot less, or you might even be able to just keep playing if you alternate who makes the game.

If these friends are close enough friends, you could even do round robbin drops.

5. Creon

Creon IncGamers Member

Warlock pointing out the realm down issue is dead on. Clear EVERYTHING in CS until level 90+. Try to keep your runs in the 3-3:30 range and you should almost never see realm down. If this means walking, walk. The great part about this is it means you don't need a power group of Hammerdins and "fun" builds become viable as speed isn't such an issue.

Consistant runs under 2 minutes will bring you to realm down after about 20 runs.

I'm also a big fan of round robin Diablo drops, too.

As for characters to add, you should get a Barbarian to max find item, too. Stack him in MF gear.

6. mikxer

mikxer IncGamers Member

5 dins + sorc + baba = cs under 45-50 sec + fast sw.

sorc opens seis + viz.

7. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

which then = realm down for one, or more players in no time, if not the entire party.

there's room in the game for multiple sorcs. most often the blizzer can solo viz, while the din/crowd moves from infector to de seis. a good/fast sorc can pop infector's seal, blizz his crowd, get the exp from infector, and blip over to pop de seis' seal before moving on to solo vizier.

even in this scenario, it's easy to go way to fast with just one or two high lvl din's doing the killing and get realm down issues.

me on baba, and a pal on an orber, manage to raid semi-full games in only a couple of minutes, and it's only really tricky if de seis, or one of his demi-clones happens to be on crack/speed/fanaticism, or champ oblivions abound, making it harder for me to berserk them. I resort to WW sometimes, but that has obvious, bad consequences from time to time.

8. Rawly

Rawly IncGamers Member

Although frowned upon on these forums 90% of lv 90+ characters know how to avoid realm downs. You do not get to lv 93 let alone 97 without using such methods.
    And for real speed you need at least 2 x sorcs preferably blizz. And split palas on de sies and infector. But this only makes sense when you are 93+
    90-92 you should try to kill as many unique bosses and minions as possible in the cs itself. As for walking nothing in the river is worth killing except unique urdars from lv 90 onwards and most ordinary monsters give little to no worth while exp at lv 90+.
    One thing that really bugs me is idiots that pop both viz seals before all/most the minions are dead as you are wasting a big % of cs exp unless you are lv 93+.

9. chet

chet IncGamers Member

ty for the ideas
    ill try to get my friends to make hammerdins :)
    and do you happen to have a link to there i can find out how to avoid RD?

10. Rawly

Rawly IncGamers Member

just ask in main chat channel for realm, it involves having more than one cd key though.

11. chet

chet IncGamers Member

ahh i c, thats enough for me to figure it out :)

12. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I'm lazy. that method is a pita for me. in part, cause my desktop doesn't alt+tab very well with the game w/out lagging, and I hate playing in window'ed mode.

hence why I usually just use the laptop for my 2nd cd key. however, it's most useful for xferring, or using a buffer type character, such as grabbing a BO if I'm raiding, or a chant if I'm levelling a new char.

13. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

Some interesting option would be a Frentic Zeal pally coupled with a bow zon would make some fun cs, throw in a curse necro. Also A FOH pally with convic and a couple of elemental users like Orb/bliz/Lightning Zons would make a fun party adding in a healer in the mix as well.

14. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Hmm, yes, that could work well, Locke. To add some more to that : (Mebbe Enched) 4fpa (or faster) Strafer with a solid damage bow and gobs, fana pala(smiter/zealer), conc pala(hammerdin), might pala(Charger) and necro with amp and CE.
    The enched part is optional, since a lot of things in CS have high fire res or are simply immune.